IGNORED

Co hwy 50

Naked Rider

yea i googl earthed it and it looks like a wonderful ride accros there i was just wondering if there is anything i should watch for and do's and don't things. been on the million dollar hwy from grand juction to durango with a crew cab truck and a 30' fith wheel camper it was something that i will never forget all those switch backs.

Did that ride a few years ago in early June. Was running hard to beat snow over Monarch Pass. It was raining at our elevation and snow line seemed to be about 800 ft higher. Lots of fun. Big wide road with truck lanes on the uphills and beautiful scenery. As others said you should do the 550 ride down to Durango. Much tougher ride thought with 2 lane road very few if any truck lanes and some severe switchbacks but wow the scenery is phenomenal.

Have ridden that hwy twice this summer. Beautiful ride along the Gunnison and just before you get to Montrose (15 miles east) you need to take a hour or two and ride into the Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park. Very impressive views of a smaller verison of the Grand Canyon. For sure if you ride to Montrose go south through Quray, and Silverton Colorado. I spend most of my free weekends rideing in Colorado and there are not any bad roads except the Interstates.

Enjoy.

was looking into a trip that i would to take. anybody got anything on hwy 50 from Pueblo to Montrose?