If anyone has replaced their stock windshield from the RSV and want to get rid of it, get in touch, I need one bad, and Oh by the way, dont ever, ever, ever use any of that headlight lens restorer on your windshield, I did and it has ruined mine, cant even see through it and it wont come off, have tried everything including a buffer, just one big blurred peice of plexi now.:no-no-no:

I think our windshields have an outer layer of film covering the plastic and therefore the scratches cannot be buffed out. And some of the chemical cleaners will turn the film yellow.

I also know of a couple of instances were someone used a high pressure washer and actually blew the film off the windshield.

Be easy with the windshield and do not use the sponge washers at the gas stations, they have all kinds of bugs and small stones stuck in them.

BOO

I always use only soft terrycloth bath towels on mine, the brown ones the Army issues, get them at the uniform store for a couple $ each. They last for years. But even these will eventually cause the small scratches. Someone a few years ago told me that toweling in vertical strokes, never horizontal or swirling, will make the inevitable scratches harder to see. Seems so.