IGNORED

RSTD Flanders How To w/new stock end weight idea

Do any of your that have replaced your rstd bars with the flanders bars still have the stock ones. I would be interested in them. According to the meausrements of the rstd and the rsv, they are 2" taller and have about 2.5" more pullback from the rsv.

Please reach out to me.

Robert "theKid"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sent you a PM Robert...... Bruce

Thank you very much.:thumbsup2: I just did a write up with pictures for rear brakes, like you, I have a new respect for those who do this with the pictures and all. Tough and time consuming, thanks to all for the help. I am going to have to have bars or something, my bars are to far away from me. I am reaching to the middle of my fingers to feel relaxed. If I need the full grip on bars, I have to lean forward.

Fuzzy

After installing my new Flanders handlebars on my RSTD, with the assistance of the great write up (with pictures) by “Usnmustang”, I proceeded with the next step, installing the end weights.

Not having the materials “Usnmustang” described in his article, I searched and found an idea by “Phoneman1981”.

After a few emails back and forth I modified his design a little and came up with the following article posted below.

Once again, a big Thank You to both, Usnmustang and Phoneman1981 for the time, effort and write up which made the handlebar change an enjoyable project.

============= ============

Modifying “Phoneman1981” design, I used a 1 ¼” long piece of ¾” Grey PVC conduit instead of the many washers required to take up said space. I felt this would insure a more rigid installation of end weights. (A longer piece of PVC could be used if desired.)

I did have to do a little sanding in order to get the conduit to fit inside the handlebars and in the end it was a tight fit.

Parts used where:

(2) ¼” - 20 x 6” long bolts. (5” would work, but I had 6” on hand)

(2) ¼” – 20 T-nuts

(2) ¾” rubber stoppers

(4) ¾” washers

(1) 2 ½” long section of ¾” PVC conduit

Sandpaper (to sand PVC conduit)

Parts can be purchased at Home Depot or Lowes for around $10.00 or less.

If I was to do it again I would probably use 1” rubber stoppers and cut them down (end off) in order to have a tad tighter fit.

I pulled hard on the end weights and couldn’t get them to move, so I feel pretty sure they will be there for years to come.

I am going to disassemble the project and reinstall using loctite on the treads, so you might want to do that the first time around.

picture.php?albumid=809&pictureid=5444

picture.php?albumid=809&pictureid=5445

Just another idea to consider.....enjoy.

Thanks Bruce: Glad I could help....Phoneman1981