IGNORED

Harley Davidson Taillight

There are a large number of very attractive Harley Davidson after market taillights / turn signals on the market. Is the contour of the RSTD rear fender adequate for adapting one of these sets? Does anyone have photos?

You would need to ask the RSV guys for what the back end of a Harley looks like, the 1st gen guys don't have any idea what that is.

:rotfl:

Seriously though, don't have an answer for your question. Just to good to pass up.

Gary

You would need to ask the RSV guys for what the back end of a Harley looks like, the 1st gen guys don't have any idea what that is.

:rotfl:

Seriously though, don't have an answer for your question. Just to good to pass up.

Gary

Great stuff Gary; man you're brave. You are about to be bombarded.

There are a large number of very attractive Harley Davidson after market taillights / turn signals on the market. Is the contour of the RSTD rear fender adequate for adapting one of these sets? Does anyone have photos?

Welcome to Ventureriders, You won't find a better group of folks anywhere and well worth the 12.00 just for the information you can gain from tech support. I agree, Harley has MANY aftermarket parts that are very good looking. If I remember right, the Road Kings rear fender is somewhat close to a 2nd Gen but don't quote me on that. Been awhile since I really looked at one. Be interesting to see what you end up doing though. If you do adapt something please post pics. Would love to get an idea what it would look like.

Welcome to the VentureRider site.

Take a look at the Harley tail lights sold by Buckeye Performance here, http://www.buckeyeperformance.com/p23.htm. I installed these on my 2005 RSV shortly after I purchased it just over a year ago and have been very satisfied with their looks and performance. The fit was perfect, the installation easy, and my motorcycle is just a lot easier to see with the added lighting.

You may also check this site, http://www.venturers.org/Tech_Library/index.php?action=article&cat_id=002002&id=183, for a good review of the installation procedure.