IGNORED

Just Bought one :-)

EDGE1

Hi there i live in the UK . Just Bought a 2001 Venture with 19000miles on the clock and love it. But just got a few questions. Hope someone can help.

Firstly the whine which i know alot of these bikes have? Is there an oil of choice or additive that helps ? The whine isnt terrible but its a shame to wear a full face helmet on one of these .

Secondly sometimes when starting just on the anitial press of the button, theres a knock

just as it ingages ? is this anything to worry about .

Thirdly The audio all lights up searchs for radio stations etc . all seems to work apart from theres no sound , ive removed the fairing and checked connections doesnt make any difference . Any ideas ?

Many Thanks in advance Edge.

I always look for the simple solutions first. Have you checked the audio output to see if it inidcates the headsets or the speakers. In the display there should be either HS for headsets or SP for speakers. To switch from one to the other just press the sel button till either is displayed and then use the volume control to toggle between them. As for the whine........some are worse than others but I believe they all have it. A characteristic of the straight cut gears.

Hope this helps and btw welcome to the world of the RSV. You will find a wealth of information and outstanding people on this site to give you all kinds of great advice.

Congratulations on the new addition !

As for the audio... check the basics first... is it set for HS (headset) or SP (speaker)?

On oil... if you do a search you'll find a couple recommendations and it depends on what is available to you or personal preference. I use the Mobil 1 oil and am happy with it.

Don

As for the whine........some are worse than others but I believe they all have it. A characteristic of the straight cut gears.

Agree on the whine and that some are worse than others. Think it also depends on what you are used to. I came from a Virago 1100 with shaft drive - not sure if the gears are different - but I don't notice a whine on my '09 RSV. Mind you... .I probably have an "I" basket or newer. Have over 18,000km on mine now.

Edited by XV1100SE