IGNORED

Has anyone found a fool proof way to restore the white lettering that wears off

rstacy

Most of the white lettering has worn off of my switches and buttons.

I have tried the detailing paint brush and paint and that was less than satisfying.

Has anyone found a way to restore the lettering that is simple that even I could do it?

Most of the white lettering has worn off of my switches and buttons.

I have tried the detailing paint brush and paint and that was less than satisfying.

Has anyone found a way to restore the lettering that is simple that even I could do it?

You might try putting the paint on and then sanding very lightly with very fine emory cloth or wet sandpaper. That might knock off the high spots and leave the letters to stand out against the background of the switch. Use a small artists brush to apply the paint though as spray may get into the switch and cause contact problems. Hope that will work for ya.

the technique most used is a small artists brush with good quality paint. Let the paint set up for about an hour and then GENTLY buff the button to get the paint off the flat. It's important NOT to use any real pressure and you must keep the buff cloth TIGHT around the finger so it doesn't dig into the groove... buff lightly, repeatedly with a flat clean cloth, any texture will grab the groove.

I used a fairly small artist brush to fill in the depressions. While the paint was still wet, I simply wiped away the excess using q-tips. Whatever process you use to wipe away the excess paint you want to do so before the paint dries. Just have to have steady hand and be patient. Mine were in humble shape but now look great. Dont use sand paper regardless of the grit cause all you end up doing is ruining the black finish.

I used a fairly small artist brush to fill in the depressions. While the paint was still wet, I simply wiped away the excess using q-tips. Whatever process you use to wipe away the excess paint you want to do so before the paint dries. Just have to have steady hand and be patient. Mine were in humble shape but now look great. Dont use sand paper regardless of the grit cause all you end up doing is ruining the black finish.

And then mask the area off around the groove and apply scratch resistant body paint clear coat over it. That should make it last :080402gudl_prv: