IGNORED

Maintance Day Info

Freebird

Most of you already know this stuff but for those who have never been to my maintenance day before, here is a bit of info.

The official day is actually Saturday June 4th. This started out as a one day even but has grown a bit over the past few years. Some people start rolling in as early as Thursday afternoon now. Many don't leave until sometime on Sunday.

Most of you have hotel rooms already but for those who plan to camp, there is plenty of room in the front around the pond or in the back if you prefer.

There is a small fire pit in the front by the pond and there is a larger one behind the house. There is plenty of fire wood that you are welcome to use.

One thing new this year. I have rented a porta potty that will be delivered on Friday. There is also one bathroom downstairs just inside the house from the garage. There will be no hard fast rules but I am going to encourage the guys to use the porta potty and keep the inside bathroom open for the ladies.

The food is ordered and will be delivered sometime between noon and one o'clock on Saturday. This is the only meal that will be catered. There is not set price for this meal. There will be a donation can to help with the expenses.

Other meals are up to you. I know that many of us will be going to Quaker Steak on Friday evening and hopefully many of you will join us. For anybody wishing to do so, there is a gas and charcoal grill on the rear deck and you are welcome to use it. There is a Walmart just about 3 or 4 miles away if you need to buy groceries or any other items. There is an Autozone parts store in that same area if you need any oil, filters, etc.

We sometimes try to do a ride on Saturday evening or possibly even on Sunday. Nothing specific planned at this time but we can discuss it and do what you all wish to do. We usually have nothing really planned for Saturday night and most just sit around and visit. It is always a good time. I know that we have some guitar players attending and it would be fun if some of you want to do a little picking and grinning. I have two acoustics and an electric here that you are welcome to use. JUST BE CAREFUL with them. :)

Last year, we tried to wrap up all the actually "maintenance" on the bikes by around 4:00. I think that worked out pretty well. We try to get to everybody's lists of items but there is only so much that we can do in a day. Please bring any supplies and/or parts that you might need or might not be available from AutoZone or Walmart. Also, Pioneer Motorsports will be here. They are a Yamaha dealer coming down from near Buffalo, NY and will have a variety of parts and supplies including tires, brake pads, etc. If you need them to bring anything specific, please see the "sticky thread" at the top of the watering hole and post there are PM Chad.

Now I THINK that most are aware of this but just to be sure. If you have things that you need done to your bike, remember, there will be plenty of folks who are willing to pitch in and help you but NOT do everything for you. The purpose of maintenance day is to help each other and learn from each other. So please be prepared to roll up your sleeves and get involved. That's what it is all about.

I'm sure I'm missing some details so feel free to ask any questions that you might have.

It's getting close and I'm getting excited about it now. It's going to be a great time as always.

I'll probably ride my RSTD to maintence day. It hasn't had a long run since I bought the Millenium RSV last spring. Plus the rear tire on the Millenium only has a few short trips left in it (although I've been thinking that for a couple months already) and probably wouldn't make it to Ohio.

I'm going to try to ride all the way on Thursday and get camp set up before dark. I want to watch V7Goose's steering bearing clinic on Friday, and I haven't had the fairing off my RSV yet, so can see/help do that.

The weather report looks good for Friday and Saturday.

Sounds like a great time ... one day we will be there too if for nothing else but to socialize!

Will that "One day" be Friday or Saturday?

Looking forward to finally meeting some of you folks....

I think :whistling:

[quote=Freebird;591027

I'm sure I'm missing some details so feel free to ask any questions that you might have.

Just one question...what time does the ice cream arrive? :fnd_(16): :fnd_(16): :fnd_(16): :whistling:

BigTom - when you see me dragging my Travel Trailer in, the ice cream will have arrived. I'll have the ice cream in a secret compartment that only my wife knows how to find so we'll both have to be careful -