IGNORED

A really close call....

BoomerCPO

So I'm at a red light and I see in my rearviews this little red Suzuki car barrelling up behind me. It was apparent to me this gal was NOT paying attention to her driving as she was jacking her jaws on her cellphone. I hit the throttle and got out of her way just in time to avoid being seriously rear-ended.....And of course she blew the red light big time!

She got t-boned so bad her vehicle was pushed across 2 lanes of opposing traffic and right onto the sidewalk. I parked the scoot in a safe location and helped her get out of her vehicle and sit down. No serious injuries except for a nice laceration on the side of her head from smacking her door frame. She was more concerned about the location of her cell phone than anything else!

I don't even want to think about how bad it would have been if she had rear-ended me at the speed she was going!

Gave the LEO my statement and I'm purty sure I'll be called to Court for the lawsuit she's gonna get slapped with by the driver who nailed her.

Keep yer head onna swivel and check those rearviews often my friends!

Boomer....who sez unleashing a group of pygmies in the Courthouse could prove to be pretty darn comical....:whistling:

She was more concerned about the location of her cell phone than anything else!

It certainly is important to be aware of your surroundings at all times. Obviously in her case, she wasn't ... good for you that you were!

As for her and her cell phone, I dunno... I think I'da been giving her a thorough lecture at that time and some of my words could not be repeated in here.

BoomerCPO,

Glad you're OK!! My wife asked me once why I stopped so far behind a car in front of us at a light. I told her we needed to have an escape route for just this type of situation. My head swivels so much, I get just about as dizzy as your pygmies sound to be.

Stay Safe.

Dave

Thanks for posting that, and as the others have said, I am glad you where paying attention and able to move out of the way.

Hopefully all of us here will ensure we also check behind us for the person who is not paying attention.

glad your ok that was way to darn close. also glad the drivers are ok. i dont know how many times i tould my relatives to put that damn cell phone on vibrate or just let it go to voice mail.. good driving and aware ness on your part.

I will join everyone in congratulating you on the attention and smarts to get out of the way...must have been all you could muster up to avoid lighting into her...at least verbally! It is really getting old hearing about people on phones, not paying attention, and someone else pays the price. I hope they throw the book at her...and then publicizes it BIG TIME! These people need to be off the road!

I had a situation today but from the opposite direction. I was first at the red light in the left lane. The light had turned red about 10 seconds ago. When out of nowhere this lady coming fom the other side just drove right on thru like there wasn't a light even there. I prayed no one would be coming out from my left as I am sure I would have got it. Thank you Lord. We ALWAYS MUST be on our guard.

be carefull. they ARE out to get you.....

some people just can't do 2 things at once. we've made cars so comfortable people forget how dangerous they are.[/quote

Glad you where not hurt Boomer and that you posted this. I have so so so many times saw people doing this very thing while on the phone. I work for the Ky State Hwy Dept. and see this all the time. No wonder some people need laws to get them to pay attention while behind the wheel. So sad to think of so many that have lost their life or killed someone else, over a simple and not so important cell phone. Sometimes I wonder, are cell phones really worth having. I have one myself. I quoted Randy because of what he says," cars so comfortable people forget how dangerous they are." So very true.

HOW CAN WE SOLVE THE CELL PHONE WHILE DRIVING EPIDEMIC ?????????

Make it illegal ????

Fuzzy

This still makes me wish I could "legally" obtain a cell phone jammer. That way no one within 100 feet of me would be on the phone. Every car should be equipped with a jammer that activates when moving. There could be a 911 override.