IGNORED

First time rider learns that pavement hurts!

ragtop69gs

My future son-in-law has been wanting to learn to ride, always asking me to teach him. I continually told him to take the MSF beginner class, that I wouldn't teach him on my bikes. :no-no-no:

Well.... after he got off work last night one of his co-workers said he could ride his 1100 Honda in the parking lot, Let's just say it didn't go as planned. 2 laps around the lot... over the parking block... side swiped the building before hitting the cement filled steel pole with his knee which caused him and the bike on top of him to go skidding 15 feet across the pavement :rotf: He now has multiple patches of road rash, a knee the size of a grapefruit and a complete understanding of why I told him to take the MSF and wear protective gear.

Here's a few pictures for your viewing enjoyment.

Yep, he learned himself a good lesson fer sure. The doc say's nothing broke or torn, just gonna take some time to heal. :starz:

The bike as he described it had only minor damage. A bent footpeg and a broken turn signal. He was between the bike and the ground, so no chrome got ruined during this experiment.

If he's anything like I was at that age, He'll probably do it again. Gotta prove the the old man wrong! :Im not listening to

The dirt is the best place to learn... I take for granted how much I've learned from sliding on grass to riding on uneven surfaces and adjusting my speed and balance. There's a reason most MSF use 250cc bikes...

1100 Honda? what was he thinking?

Glad he's alright, thats the only thing that really matters.

Oh he will heal alright,,, with maybe some time to think about the next lesson he wants to learn,,,,, maybe he'll take some theory before practical,,,, now the bike will always be a dumped bike ooooooooo that's an ouch!!!!!

And you can tell I said so!!!!!!

Them youngsters don't realize that us oldsters got this way by being smart enough to learn how to survive.
Don't you really mean, its because we already made those same stupid mistakes..:Avatars_Gee_George: . . . . I believe when I was that age the phrase I used most was. . . . . .I better not try that one again.:think::Avatars_Gee_George: . . . and I never did. :thumbsup2:. . I was too busy finding new stupid stunts to apply that phrase to.:bang head::bang head: Edited by saddlebum

Don't you really mean, its because we already made those same stupid mistakes..:Avatars_Gee_George: . . . . I believe when I was that age the phrase I used most was. . . . . .I better not try that one again.:think::Avatars_Gee_George: . . . and I never did. :thumbsup2:. . I was too busy finding new stupid stunts to apply that phrase to.:bang head::bang head:

Were you spying on me ? I have said those very things way too many times. But I have also said " let's try that one again, I'll get it right this time :hihi: NOT :doh:

Don't you really mean, its because we already made those same stupid mistakes..:Avatars_Gee_George: . . . . I believe when I was that age the phrase I used most was. . . . . .I better not try that one again.:think::Avatars_Gee_George: . . . and I never did. :thumbsup2:. . I was too busy finding new stupid stunts to apply that phrase to.:bang head::bang head:

we used to say Hold my beer an watch this Chit:doh:

You might remind him that some of us "old folks" speak from experience!!!:backinmyday:

Let him know that good judgement (your not teaching him) comes from experience.

and that experience (what he got :yikes:) comes from bad judgement (his friend letting him on something that big :255:

:cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10:

yup http://cdn.content.sweetim.com/sim/cpie/emoticons/000203FD.gif

http://content.sweetim.com/tbsig/sig.asp?img=ad1

it amazes me how young uns know it all. i had the phrase of oh chit this is going to hurt. and of course mom and dad had the hospitial bills to prove that in fact it did. did it stop me from doing stupid things nope:no-no-no:

I'm glad he isn't too injured, hope he understood how lucky he was that day.

My 16 year old daughter just took the MSF class and got her M endorsement.

Instructor said she was the most aggressive girl he has ever taught. Not dangerous, but fearless.

Fearless isn't bad, as long as it comes with a healthy dose of common sense.

He knows he got lucky. He says he'll be taking the MSF class as soon as he can get off the crutches, his knee is pretty sore right now.