IGNORED

Help ! something weird with my PC

Maybe you smart people can help me ? Here's my story , on my PC i can not get on any vistaprint.com site , i can get on vistaprint.uk , and any of their sites around the world but not on vistaprint.com . it shows error 102 . I though it mite be a bug , ran all the anti virus , spybot and mal-where and anything else i could find , nope ! uninstall all the anti- stuff , restarted , nope ! change browsers 4 times after uninstaslling the old ones again nope ! turned off fire wall , nope ! entered vistaprint as a trusted site and removed from not trusted site in security nope ! cleaned the cookies and history so many times i lost all my passwords ! did a restore 2 times , nope !

used the laptop to go to the site using my wifi , ok ! did it using the same routor as pc ok !

this is a Hp pc running Vista Home running Google chrome with windows defender , AVG , spybot , ad-aware . I have been on the vistaprint site 8 mo. ago with this pc with no problems . any ideas ? I have 10 hrs working on this problem and don't have any hair left to pull out on my head !

Thom :confused24:

You could also try turning off some of your spyware, anti-virus, etc, etc one at a time and see if maybe one of those is blocking that site.

BTW, I don't have hair to pull out! :crying:

I tryed turning them off , then I uninstalled all of them , went to task and stopped them , even used a norton cleaner because i found a norton file .

is there a way to search the whole puter for vistaprint.com to see which file it mite be hiding in ?

I tryed turning them off , then I uninstalled all of them , went to task and stopped them , even used a norton cleaner because i found a norton file .

is there a way to search the whole puter for vistaprint.com to see which file it mite be hiding in ?

Try downloading and running ccleaner and have it do a registry clean. The problem could well be in your registry.

[ame=http://download.cnet.com/ccleaner/]CCleaner - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com[/ame]

I have used ccleaner a number of times and it does a good job.

OR, try this link and download WiseFixer. (NOTE: I am not familiar with this program so I can't recommend it but it was suggested on that site)

http://www.wisefixer.com/lp/?kw=error-102&gclid=CMfF6YGO6KgCFSUZQgod1BT3CA

At least take a look at the above site as it does offer some other suggestions.

Do a search for your "hosts" file and open it in notepad. At the bottom may be a list of sites. If the site you want is in the list it will be blocked. Delete that line and resave the file.

Good point as that's where the Spybot and Malware progs insert suspicious web sites.

It's located in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc folder

Thanks , your rite , it is there , deleted it , clicked save , replace file , than told it is a read only file , DARN !!!! :bang head:

and I proved that throwing the keyboard across the room , only means that you have to get up and go get it !!!!!!!:bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:

Thanks , your rite , it is there , deleted it , clicked save , replace file , than told it is a read only file , DARN !!!! :bang head:

and I proved that throwing the keyboard across the room , only means that you have to get up and go get it !!!!!!!:bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:

Right click the file and choose Properties. You can remove the Read Only flag in there.

Do it this way in internet explorer, hit tools, [upper left corner with menu showing], then internet opititions, security,highlight restricted sites, hit sites, find and highlight the one on the list that that you want off, hit remove. this will allow you to get the site on ie, but keep in mind if spy-bot or malware bits put it there there must be a reason. I've gone to vistaprint.com and I don't get vistaprint.ca ???? don't .ca show its a canada website.

Right click the file and choose Properties. You can remove the Read Only flag in there.

:cool10::cool10::cool10::sign woo hoo::sign woo hoo::sign woo hoo::sign woo hoo:

THANK YOU

YOU GUYS ARE GREAT !!!! IT WORKS !!!

I have spent many hrs on the web trying to figger this out , used every free program , even a couple of payed ones , defraged , install and uninstall every anti program I could find , the same with every browser and cleaners !

I GAVE UP !!! but than I thought why not ask here ! :cool10::cool10::cool10: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

THANKS YOU !!!:clap2:

Thom