IGNORED

Firsts - power port, windshield vents, pulling trailer, & headset

mmoffitt

Well, I had today off and thought I'd work more on the bike. It was a good day for me. I've got pics of my "firsts"...

1. Installed an extra power port in trunk. Plan to install another below passenger left leg but had to order the plug to get a water proof one.

2. Installed the round vents in my windshield. This was a bit nerve racking for me because I didn't want to ruin the windshield. It was actually pretty easy though and turned out nice. I have them a little more toward the center than some I've seen but some reviews I read said you don't get much air when they are more outside...took it for a spin and get a little bit of air...nothing too spectacular but enough help on 110 degree days.

3. Pulled the trailer. Finally got the trailer tagged and road ready. I've never pulled a trailer before with the RSV, so I took it out on the road for a little bit then came back and put the wife on to see how it rides 2up. All in all it did well. We road it around town for about 25 miles and took it on the highway. Pulled straight and no big issues.

4. Tested out our new Scala Rider Q2 Multiset bluetooth headsets on this ride. They worked pretty well. We sometimes had a hard time connecting via intercom but I think that's more our learning curve than the device. We also connected our phones to them and received phone calls while riding. Wife said she couldn't even tell I was on a motorcycle even though I was going about 55 at the time.

All in all a great day. We are just about ready for our 2700 mile trip in June. Next step, load up the trailer and pull it around to ensure I'm comfortable with the extra weight.:cool10::cool10:

Yeah. Even though I kept looking back to make sure it was tracking good and nothing was going wrong, when the wife and I would start talking, I wouldn't even remember it was there...That's until it came to slow down to start off... A little more stopping distance and a little more gas required to get up to speed. Not bad on either account but the trailer was empty too...

I did notice a little bit of "jerkiness" in the front end when going over bumps or rough roads but I assume that's natural as the trailer bounces around a little bit. This might be better when I get some weight in it??