IGNORED

Just curious, How many Wing Riders do we have on the site?

Midrsv

I am an ex wing rider. I love the wing but at 6'3" 285ish the wing for me was to small. The cockpit was to small, loved the bike. but my knees and legs hit the fairing in front of me. Then someone turned me onto the Yamaha Venture, I had never heard of it, but man I love this bike and to me rides so much better than the wing.

If only Yamaha would of replaced the cassette player with something we can actually use.

Larry

Don't think I have replied here, but after 13 years and 120,000 on my RSV, I moved to a new wing May 2015.

Love the increased power, handling, and electronics... but the Wing will never be as comfortable as that RSV was. Nor as classy looking. I waited in hope that Yamaha would release an updated version, but alas... still no new serious tourer so it was time to move on. Even though the wing is also an aging platform, it has least been updated over the years.

......................... but the Wing will never be as comfortable as that RSV was. Nor as classy looking.

Being the owner of a Wing and after riding thousands of miles on it, I must say I can agree with you 100% that the wing is not as comfortable, nor as classy looking as the RSV, however, I really like my wing.

I have made a few adjustments and find my wing pretty darn comfortable now and I also find that the power of the wing is superb over the RSV with no need to down shift when pulling a load and going up inclines (depending on the angle of course).

One thing for certain though, the Wing is a LOT easier to clean than the RSV is, and I can find a whole lot of chrome / accessories for the wing more than one can find for the RSV...!!!!!!!:twing:

I would like RSV to have some updated things my wings has, but that's just dreaming. The wing just rocks. Yeah, people, myself included will always find a fault. However, the wing to me is like a sport bike with a trunk. No carb smell, no top heavy, no cassette player, has reverse, a centerstand etc.

I do however like the classic and classy look of the RSV and its metal components. I'm not sorry I made the switch. Based on my needs, this is close to as perfect. Also, my color happens to be the fastest wing....

I had the 1984 aspencade, and put 237, 891.8 miles on her. when I t-boned a deer in lake placid NY, back in 1992, I went through a few other bikes, now back to the wing. there is nothing like the 1832 cc of this bike. like riding on glass. same gas mileage as my Venture about 36-38 mpg, and 34 when pulling the trailer.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have recently purchased a '94 Goldwing SE, will be selling the '89 Venture. Went with a Wing partially due to availability of parts/accessories for it, I like the looks of it and it has a real alternator. Had alot of stator troubles with the Ventre and am sick of dealing with it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, right now I don't qualify as a "Wing Rider", but I do own a '78 GL 1000. I bought it as a project, and it has been that for three years LOL. Stripped the really bad aftermarket tour pack off, and I'm building it semi-cafe style. Should be a sweet bike if I ever finish it LOL.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...