IGNORED

GW vs RSV 2001-2011

SilvrT

So we've all (well, many of us) have been whining about Yamaha not upgrading the RSV since 1999.

Question that comes to my mind is .... has the Wing really changed much since it's current design came out in 2001? .... not really. So if Honda isn't changing, why should Yamaha?

Having said that, now that the 2012 Wing is out, I bet there's something really good in store for us in a new, redesigned Venture, probably to be introduced next year. :witch_brew:

Nope, you're off base here.

Honda did not change the overall design, that is true. However, most RSV owners do not want the overall "look" of the RSV to change either.

Honda has made incremental changes throughout the production years of the GL1800. Audio updates, on board nav, airbag option, improved cooling system, improved frame integrity to name a few.

Yamaha, meanwhile, has changed colors and tank emblems.

Not even a close comparison, IMO.

If Yamaha made improvements in it's;

• Stereo department..(ie get rid of the cassette player)
  • Rear shock durabiity
  • Ignition Switch durability
  • Different shaped stock windshield to improve the air buffetting
  • upgrade the clutch to last longer
  • Improve braking power / capabilities

The rest of the bike is fine the way it is with it's 1300cc engine.

If Yamaha came out with a 1600 or 1800 RSV... with above mentioned improvements, I myself would sell my GW, and go back to the RSV.

I really enjoyed my RSV and feel the Ventures are very nice dependable bikes. Heck to me they are a whole lot better looking then the GW. However, the GW has its problems and needed improvements just as well as the RSV or any other bike on the road.

I like my GW too...but I am thinking of down sizing since I ride solo all the time.

A lighter bike may be in my future......:biker:

If Yamaha made improvements in it's;

• Stereo department..(ie get rid of the cassette player)
  • When I listen to music it's from the MP3 player so this don't really matter to me.
  • Rear shock durability
  • Would Honda replace a shock on a 5 year bike at no charge? I don't think so.
  • Ignition Switch durability
  • I personally never had a problem with this but again "5 year" warranty.
  • Different shaped stock windshield to improve the air buffeting
  • I have the Over sized Yamaha windshield that seems to work well.
  • upgrade the clutch to last longer
  • Welllll you finally hit kind of a sore subject with me.
  • Improve braking power / capabilities
  • Well what can I say, the brakes suck because they are not linked or ABS.

The rest of the bike is fine the way it is with it's 1300cc engine.

Wouldn't bother me if the engine was smaller, plenty of power as is. (for me)

If Yamaha came out with a 1600 or 1800 RSV... with above mentioned improvements, I myself would sell my GW, and go back to the RSV.

I really enjoyed my RSV and feel the Ventures are very nice dependable bikes. Heck to me they are a whole lot better looking then the GW. However, the GW has its problems and needed improvements just as well as the RSV or any other bike on the road.

I like my GW too...but I am thinking of down sizing since I ride solo all the time.

A lighter bike may be in my future......

Me too, but I still have passenger so I will have to stay with what I have. My son has a 1100 Shadow that he bought new 6 years ago with about 2,800 miles on it that I would buy in a heart beat if the boss didn't ride with me but oh well.

:biker:

Since you and I have talked at great length on different subjects over Soda Pop:whistling:

I'm sure you will take this in the lite that it's meant:stirthepot:

As we all know the two bikes are different animals and there ain't much I don't like about the RSV.

BOO