IGNORED

FYI..f4 windshields

jlh3rd

just got off the phone with dave at f4 windshields....and wanted to say how nice they are there and what they're doing for me.....i have a clearview windshield with the vent.......i need the tallest windshield out there and f4's is 1 inch taller than the tallest clearview....i already have a vent so they are shipping me the shield with the vent hole cut out, and a new faceplate, around.....plus 10% off......nice to work with

...the clearview people are good too....

just got off the phone with dave at f4 windshields....and wanted to say how nice they are there and what they're doing for me.....i have a clearview windshield with the vent.......i need the tallest windshield out there and f4's is 1 inch taller than the tallest clearview....i already have a vent so they are shipping me the shield with the vent hole cut out, and a new faceplate, around.....plus 10% off......nice to work with

...the clearview people are good too....

so is there something wrong with your Clearview? ... are you taking the vent out of it to put in the F4?

no, the clearview is fine, no complaints, and yes, putting the vent in the f4, saves some money......i went to daytona and back........and the noise caused by the wind turbulence is killing my ears...and i wear plugs...and have a nice 3/4 nolan helmet i bought last year...no help with the noise......so i'm gonna try this taller windshield.....if i don't wear a helmet, the noise is not bad at all.......but i'll swear that a helmet makes noise worse.....

no, the clearview is fine, no complaints, and yes, putting the vent in the f4, saves some money......i went to daytona and back........and the noise caused by the wind turbulence is killing my ears...and i wear plugs...and have a nice 3/4 nolan helmet i bought last year...no help with the noise......so i'm gonna try this taller windshield.....if i don't wear a helmet, the noise is not bad at all.......but i'll swear that a helmet makes noise worse.....

So then once you do that, the Clearview will have a big hole in it? Does clearview sell the vents separately? Are you planning on selling the Clearview...and for how much?

the vent is a standard vent for the honda goldwing....i believe you could probably get that vent somewhere......yep, there'll be a rectanglular hole left in the clearview....i should not be needing the shield, so i will probably sell it....you the first to ask , so you'll be the first to be notified.......i will have to get pics and post 'em......i have no idea what price....but i 'll let you know right now that when i installed this shield a few years ago....i cracked it at one of the mounting holes.....it's been stopped drilled and is not visible at all and hasn't creeped.......the shield itself has no observable scratches......i let you know more...........i have nothing bad to say about the clearview, only good.....and rainx can be used.....

silvrt........any idea what shippin is from Pa to canada........f4 says its $15 from them in ohio to Pa.

and as far as a deal.......whatever you think is fair plus shipping...........f4 says my shield should be here in a few days.......i'm outa town thur,fri, sat.......

silvrt........any idea what shippin is from Pa to canada........f4 says its $15 from them in ohio to Pa.

and as far as a deal.......whatever you think is fair plus shipping...........f4 says my shield should be here in a few days.......i'm outa town thur,fri, sat.......

If you stick it into a box wrapped up real good (you'll have to do that anyway coz somebody is sure to want it if I don't) ... take it to your local US post office, they can give you a price. Either that or measure the size of the box and what's the appx weight and call them.

As mentioned.... no rush on this. Also, pls PM me with "whatever you think is fair" coz I don't like making such "offers" to those I know cuz by nature, I am a "low-baller" but I do want to pay you what YOU think it's worth... that way, you're happy and I'm happy.

Also, I'd asked if the Clearview can be cut down as I've cut my stock shield down about 2.5 inches which is about where I like it. But then, maybe this cleaview will work better for the wife if I leave it alone. I prefer to look thru the w/s but still be able to poke my eyesight over the top if needed without standing up LOL. Maybe someone can comment on this....

jlh3rd & Monty ...

If we make a deal on this w/s, I might just get you both to ship to Blaine, WA as I have a pickup location there and shipping within USA is quite a bit cheaper .... it's just a bit of a PITA crossing the border due to the wait times.

Yes, you can cut the Clearview down. I did mine, no problem.

It might be best, if you make the deal...for me to just send my vent to him, and he may decide he wants it, instead of having to disassemble the other one. Either way, he can box up the shield, and a vent, and send it all at once.

Those vents are a pain to change out.

I already bought a new F4, with vent. My Clearview is broken, but has a good vent in it.

Yes, you can cut the Clearview down. I did mine, no problem.

It might be best, if you make the deal...for me to just send my vent to him, and he may decide he wants it, instead of having to disassemble the other one. Either way, he can box up the shield, and a vent, and send it all at once.

Now there's a man who's THINKING! :thumbsup2:

waddya think John (jlh3rd)??

sounds great.......i'll ship the shield in the f4 box...........but, just let me get pics of my old shield sent so you can be sure you want it........i don't want any misunderstandings.............too many great people on here to have that happen

Also, I'd asked if the Clearview can be cut down as I've cut my stock shield down about 2.5 inches which is about where I like it. But then, maybe this cleaview will work better for the wife if I leave it alone. I prefer to look thru the w/s but still be able to poke my eyesight over the top if needed without standing up LOL. Maybe someone can comment on this....

Too bad you didn't get a chance on my bike BEFORE I shattered my clearview. I too typically prefer to NOT like to look THROUGH the windshield but found that with the clearview I had, if I kept it polished it really was not all that bad. I ended up not cutting it down because the weather protection was amazing. I had my shield 'rain-x'ed and have been through all sorts of 'fun' weather with it. Everything from slight drizzles/mist to heavy down pours. I found that in all cases (except for a real fine mist/frost/crap that I got riding through some of the rockies) EVERYTHING just rolled right off that shield (obviously provided I was up to speed, say 35mph+). Most of the time, the water build up on my eye glasses, sunglasses or visor was more distracting than the water on the shield.

I did find that after several hours in less than ideal riding conditions, I did have to stop and give it a good cleaning before continuing on because it got sunny and my shield was filthy - but that is just how it goes.

I also found that the Clearview I had was noticeably heavier than the OEM shield, which I did not like. It did change the low speed handling characteristics quite a bit - but nothing that I didn't get used to.

----

Now back to your regularly schedule programming...