IGNORED

Freebird's Maintenance Day Parts/Accessories Thread

michellea

Hi all this is Chad from Pioneer Motorsport. We are a Yamaha/Suzuki/Kawasaki/Can-Am dealer in western new york as well as VR sponsor. We will be attending our first maintenance day this summer, and wanted to get a thread started for special request items. We have a good sized enclosed trailer that we will have filled with Star apparel and goodies.

I already am planning on bringing the standard maintenance items (Oil and filters from Yamaha, brakes from EBC, brake fluid from Bel Ray, tires - Dunlop Elite 3 and D404, an assortment of STAR accessories, etc.)

If you are looking for a particular item please either post it in the official thread in the watering hole or PM me. I don't get to check venturerider every day but will at least get on a few times a week to respond to posts and messages. Thanks and looking forward to meeting everyone in a few months!:bluesbrother:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chad,

This is Don (Freebird) and I have to tell you, it's not exactly a RANCH. :) I just wanted to say though that I am very excited that you have decided to do this. I hope that our members take advantage of this great service that you are offering us and I am encouraging them to do so. I look forward to meeting you. Actually, I may have met you once before but I just don't remember. I visited your dealership once a few years ago with our very own BongoBobNY and was able to take a test ride on a Spider..or is is Spyder...anyway...I truly enjoyed it.

I hope that it ends up being financially worthwhile for you and that you have a great time here.

Don

Is there any chance in a blue moon that you could have an OEM Yamaha windscreen for my 88 venture?? I know it is a discontinued item. I know there are some good after market ones, But I would prefer an original if I can find one anywhere.

If you find one, let me know and I will stop looking for one, and wait for MD.

Edited by Flyinfool

Bring Carolyn's Irish Cream, Don loves it! And Berringer White Zin for Becky...

J/K but I may need some brake fluid if I do the SS lines on my clutch that day. Otherwise, you are close enough that I can pick up what I need here..

Don't know if anybody contacted you, but Quickstep from Australia is looking for a "Brando" style leather jacket in 2XL I think. Big Tom has the info.

Edited by bongobobny

i'm always interested in any adult sized star or yamaha apparel 3xl please! bring me one of your yamaha dealership shirts for sure!, be glad to pay in advance.

this is a great thing to see a star vendor in attendance! thanks in advance. mike

I will certainly be bringing some Yamaha apparel, as well as dealer tshirts and other odds and ends.

Freebird, I will have a front fender rail there for you.

Flyin' Fool, I looked all over for an OEM windshield for you and cannot find anything. They are discontinued from Yamaha, and I tried doing a dealer locator and could not find anything. I am planning on bringing common maintenance parts for Gen I's as well!

Bob, I will be bringing brake fluid as well.

Annie, I'm sending you a PM about the leather coats. Thanks all!

• 2 weeks later...
I will certainly be bringing some Yamaha apparel, as well as dealer tshirts and other odds and ends.

Freebird, I will have a front fender rail there for you.

Flyin' Fool, I looked all over for an OEM windshield for you and cannot find anything. They are discontinued from Yamaha, and I tried doing a dealer locator and could not find anything. I am planning on bringing common maintenance parts for Gen I's as well!

Bob, I will be bringing brake fluid as well.

Annie, I'm sending you a PM about the leather coats. Thanks all!

LEDS...LEDS...LEDS...AND BATTERY TENDER CONNECTOR CORDS :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, back from vacation, and just wanted to let everybody know that I have a running list of items people are looking for, as well as general maintenance items for Gen I and Gen II Ventures.

Annie for rain suits we carry the Tourmaster Defender rain suit. They are a lightweight and good suit, I have personally used it and am very happy with it. Complete set is $75, boot covers are also an option for an addition $20-25. Just let me know what size you need. For the weekend I will bring a bunch of them down in our trailer.

Gen I guys, any preference of handlebar grips? Thanks and see everybody soon! :mytruck:

Gen I guys, any preference of handlebar grips? Thanks and see everybody soon! :mytruck:

I don't even know what is available for 1st gen grips. The ones that are on the bike now are all foam with chrome caps at each end of the foam. I like the way they feel, their just worn almost thru in places. I hate chrome so if you stock something with foam grip and no chrome, you're in my ballpark. I'm not supper fussy, function comes long before beauty.

Could you give me a quote on clutch-cable/push throttle and pull throttle cables for 2000 Yamaha Road star Silverado? If you could get aftermarket braided covered what would be cost ?Priced ones from Old Bike Barn for Motion Pro Armor Coat SST and Big Bike and they were around roughly $75 --$100.Figured if I could pick up at Maintenance Day I could keep with me as spares. Thanks inadvance

• 2 weeks later...

Annie....I will have a XXL yellow combination rainsuit for you.

I need some measurements to order the correct leather jacket. Use a measuring tape to measure all the way around the chest (in inches), and also around the waist.

I have to order the coat in either a size 48 or 50, but both of these are comparable to an XL, so just want to be sure. Thanks!

I don't even know what is available for 1st gen grips. The ones that are on the bike now are all foam with chrome caps at each end of the foam. I like the way they feel, their just worn almost thru in places. I hate chrome so if you stock something with foam grip and no chrome, you're in my ballpark. I'm not supper fussy, function comes long before beauty.

I purchased and installed these foam grip covers that are pictured in my post almost two years ago. They are foam slip ons. Can't believe how comfortable they are and how well they have held up - they still look and feel like new grips. Here is the link to that post in case you or Michelle are interested.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50436&highlight=evan

I know you are planning on having these, but just wanted to reiterate the need - don't know how many sets you can sell to 100+ bikes, but we had 7 bikes last Saturday in Dallas and had to go out to find 3 sets of EBC FA123HH pads! That suggests you could sell a whole case of them in Ohio.

Goose