IGNORED

Hope I can repeat this....

slickster

Mine loves the 50-55 puttin' on the two laners, even better two up, or at least with camping gear fillin' the back seat between me and the trunk. We've gotten several tanks in the 47-48 mpg range, and I got one over 49 ridin' down through MI on the way to the International last summer. But I've never gotten over 50 either.

Later, Scooter Bob

Remember that the Venture has the aerodynamics of a brick. Pushing that big, upright windshield through the air at high speed will definitely takes its toll on mileage. Lower speeds = a LOT less drag and, therefore, better mileage. Couple that with a light touch on the throttle and your mileage will go way up! Personally though I always caught myself cracking the throttle pretty hard and that really kills the mileage:no-no-no:. My best was low 40's (42.4?). I've got the same issues/problem with my Wing now. Can't stay "off" the wick:whistling:. Oh well, it is nice to know you CAN get better mileage if you really want to....

Remember that the Venture has the aerodynamics of a brick. Pushing that big, upright windshield through the air at high speed will definitely takes its toll on mileage. Lower speeds = a LOT less drag and, therefore, better mileage. Couple that with a light touch on the throttle and your mileage will go way up! Personally though I always caught myself cracking the throttle pretty hard and that really kills the mileage:no-no-no:. My best was low 40's (42.4?). I've got the same issues/problem with my Wing now. Can't stay "off" the wick:whistling:. Oh well, it is nice to know you CAN get better mileage if you really want to....

I agree with all that Bear said.

For clarifications for those who may think I'm stretching it a bit.:detective:

I achieved 47 a couple of times with myself and my daughter 2 up (340 lbs total for the both of us), pretty much not riding over 60mph, in 5th gear, on back roads for a couple of hundred miles.

On the interstate, I usually run about 73 by my speedo and get 40-41.

Running 75-77, it's usually about 38-39mpg.

On the Iron Butt 1000mi/24hr thing, I got 37 over 1140 miles running in the 80-82 or so range.

All of this is based on our odos. So, if they are off xx% like our speedos, then so is the mileage.

Maybe I'm just a little more laid back than some 52 year olds and don't generally feel the need to crank up my Millenium. It's my long distance comfy reliable ride.

But, if I ever wanna turn up the wick...well that's what my Max is for.:cool10:

And, since I put a Venture read end in that thing, my mileage is 43-44 running 75 (needle straight up on the speedo). Love that gearing now.