IGNORED

F4 Customs Windshield Pics on a RSV

I got my F4 Customs windshield back in December, but the weather has been CRAPPY here until this weekend...a beautiful weekend too I might add...so I finally got a chance to shoot a couple of pics that really show off the clarity of this shield.

YES, I love the shield. I got the one that is 2" wider and 2" taller than the stock shield. I would DEFINITELY buy this shield again (especially after riding in the rain one day last week)...light rain just SHEETED right off the shield.

My only (EXTREMELY MINOR) complaint is that I do wished it still had the black shaded strip at the bottom of the shield. Not only did that strip make the stock shield look better, but it also reduced glare a little bit and hid the dirt between the shield and the fairing.

Here are the pics.

Wally

Wally, I am considering the same windshield with a vent!

Can you tell me what difference you see when riding?

1) 2" taller?

2) 2" wider?

PS: The top of the windshield does not have the curve forward like the "Clearview"

Windshield, does it?:fingers-crossed-emo

Thanks,

Steve

239-253-0285

I got my F4 Customs windshield back in December, but the weather has been CRAPPY here until this weekend...a beautiful weekend too I might add...so I finally got a chance to shoot a couple of pics that really show off the clarity of this shield.

YES, I love the shield. I got the one that is 2" wider and 2" taller than the stock shield. I would DEFINITELY buy this shield again (especially after riding in the rain one day last week)...light rain just SHEETED right off the shield.

My only (EXTREMELY MINOR) complaint is that I do wished it still had the black shaded strip at the bottom of the shield. Not only did that strip make the stock shield look better, but it also reduced glare a little bit and hid the dirt between the shield and the fairing.

Here are the pics.

Wally

Hello Guys...

Venture Steve: To be honest I can't tell a lot of difference as far as buffeting or wind noise, however I "seems" like the wind stream keeps the wind off my hands a LITTLE better. My hands don't feel like they get as cold...now how that translates in the summer...I don't know. CLEAR - The windshield is OPTICALLY CLEAR and you can see a difference. Is it worth the cost of the shield...only time will tell, but I do like the idea that if something hits it, it should be able to ABSORB the impact without shattering or splintering.

image.php?u=2468&dateline=1298514793 Kregerdoodle as for rain. I think I said in my earlier post that I was very impressed with the water just "sheeting" off the windshield...kinda nice. :-)

I would like to see what would happen right after a fresh coat of RainX...that almost makes me want to see it rain. :rotf:

So far the ONLY complaint (and this is VERY, VERY, VVVVERRRRYYYY minor)...is that it would be a nice touch to include a tinted bottom or microdot graduation at the bottom of the shield. This would not only reduce glare (sunset or sunrise), but it also kinda hides the the look down into the fairing.

I hope this help guys...I am gonna make a really safe bet that you'll be happy with your purchase.

Wally

I have the F4 on my Wing, it was on there when I bought it. I've admired the F4 for a long time before buying the Wing, just never wanted to spend the money. Having ridden one season with the F4, I will not hesitate to buy another if this one ever needs replacing. The clarity is stunning....water sheets right off as Wally says....bugs even clean off easier. And, if I feel like cleaning it with a dirty old squeegee at the gas station, I can do it and not worry about scratching it. One of the best products on the market for bikes, IMO.

Joe

Put the F4 on mine last fall right before a 4000+ mile trip. I went with the +2 height and width with the vent installed higher then normal so I could keep my windsheild bags. My comments would be overall a great sheild and I would buy another one.

Two issues with my vent:

1. By raising it up puts air more in face then chest. I knew this and am OK with this though it might bother some. Like I said, not giving up my windsheild bags.

2. In the rain, the vent seems to leak some water which goes up the backside of the sheild which does mess with some visibility. Front sheds water very well.

As for buffering, I'm not sure the driver will notice that much difference from stock, but the passenger will. For me, if I was always riding by myself, I would go with stock or maybe even -2" on height, but when the other half is along, go with +2".

Gas mileage will also suffer with the +2, especially if you get in a hurry.

One other comment, the guys at F4 are top notch. Call them with any questions and they will help you. Seems like a great company with a great product.

Hey JerryT...let's see those windshield bags you're referring to...and if you have already posted them...sorry. But I'd like to see them.

Sorry for delay. Son has my digital camera, so I took these with my cell. Hopefully will show up, but not to good a pic. Lots of places to get these if you like the windsheild bag. Just loosen up windsheild, slide in and tighten back up. Just held in by pressure between dash and sheild, but mine never moves and I use this all the time to keep "stuff."