IGNORED

The best feeling EVER

royalstar09

I just got done talking to a lady I responded to who had had a major heart attack. She was purple, unresponsive, and severly critical. Immediate CPR and AED. 4.....FOUR......did I mention 4 AED treatments (shocks) later we were in the ambulance, 2 more times I hit her with the AED in route. Medic was pushing meds, you guys know the drill. She arrived in critical condition at the ER, full vent, 25% chance of pulling through.

That was 3 weeks ago, and tonight she contacted me. She is home and on her way to a full recovery. :cool10: :cool10: :bighug: :cool10:

Their really are not words to describe this feeling. She opened the conversation with "hi, this is *******, I hear that because of you I am alive"

Understand I respond as a volunteer responder, paid for my own med training as an emt, and we DO NOT have an ambulance in our town. For 12-15 minutes it was her, me and 2 other responders following my lead. Im on cloud nine right now.

Not tooting my horn, but Im the only one awake right now at my house so you guys/gals get to hear me rant....... :whistling:

Ive been doing this for years now, but it never gets old..............OK Im done

Well done. Thank you for your service to the community.

As a thought ... Have you considered doing a first aid presentation at a VR gathering? Such as Don's MD or the Cody Rally?

Just simple basics. What to pack for a first aid kit and how to use it. How to get a bug out of the eye. Cuts, road rash, shock prevention, etc. Not sure how deep to go. But you get the idea.

Thanks again.

RR

Well done. Thank you for your service to the community.

As a thought ... Have you considered doing a first aid presentation at a VR gathering? Such as Don's MD or the Cody Rally?

Just simple basics. What to pack for a first aid kit and how to use it. How to get a bug out of the eye. Cuts, road rash, shock prevention, etc. Not sure how deep to go. But you get the idea.

Thanks again.

RR

That would be a great idea. Ill mull that over. :whistling:

Also I was just sounding outloud mainly with this post. Am not looking for credit. I am one of many who do this. Nothing special or out of the ordinary. But it does make me feel good when the calls turn out like this one did.

For what it's worth, you didn't come across as "tooting your own horn" at all. Wishing to share an experience that brought such joy and fulfillment is a natural thing. Not only am I happy for her and for you but I also sincerely appreciate what you and so many others in your job do. Thanks for being there when we need you.

That is great news. I used to be a First Responder also, up until about 2 years ago, and it can be disheartening when you do all of that work, get a pulse, and fly them out, only to learn that they died in the hospital. It's always a great feeling when they make it, and you helped be a part of it. Great job!:clap2:

Thanks again.

RR

You guys may be interested in this place. http://www.accidentscene.net/

Accident Scene Management Inc teaches classes to Bikers on what to do at motorcycle accident scenes.

Great Job royalstar09:thumbsup2:

My Brother went through what that lady did last summer. He left the Chiropractor and went to the bank. He doesn't remember going back to the Chiropractor because he didn't feel right, and collapsed there. Good place to be, Chiropractor was doing CPR till the police and then the ambulance arrived. He got shocked 4 times, got to hospital, got unblocked and put on ice for 36 hours. Now, you'd never know anything happened. They say a chunk of cholesteral stuff broke loose from somewhere and slid down and hit the heart and blocked it up tight. No pain in the arm for hours warning at all, just blocked and down.

Thanks Again to all EMT's, Paramedics, and First Responders for all you do.:clap2:

Later, Scooter Bob