IGNORED

Clymer Manual?

ken

I was thinking of buying a Clymer Manual, but after thinking about it do I really need one? What I mean is, can a Clymer manual do any more or have more info then what I can find here? So far I've never not been able to get a tech question answered! And sometimes there's even a little humor involved? So what do you think do I need a Clymer Manual?

I use mine in addition to the tech write ups here, the advice, and the humor, and the Yamaha manual, which you can download! In fact V7Goose's write up on valve adjustments, in the tech library, refers readers to the "shop manual". Later in that same write up he responds to a question from a reader by answering "RTFM"! I find that the combination of them all makes things a little less confusing! Besides $15 on fleabay is not gonna hurt the pocketbook!

I was thinking of buying a Clymer Manual, but after thinking about it do I really need one? What I mean is, can a Clymer manual do any more or have more info then what I can find here? So far I've never not been able to get a tech question answered! And sometimes there's even a little humor involved? So what do you think do I need a Clymer Manual?

that's a rhetorical question - right ?

I haven't used a Clymer Manual in years but back in the day (early 70's) when I bought a bike that was the first thing I did was buy a Clymer manual. If I bought a car or truck then I bought a big Chilton's repair manual for those. Clymer manuals used to have lots of pics which were very helpful. Like was said before you can never have too much info.I remember they always cost a little more than you mentioned. Most started at 20 to 30 dollars.

I use mine in addition to the tech write ups here, the advice, and the humor, and the Yamaha manual, which you can download! In fact V7Goose's write up on valve adjustments, in the tech library, refers readers to the "shop manual". Later in that same write up he responds to a question from a reader by answering "RTFM"! I find that the combination of them all makes things a little less confusing! Besides $15 on fleabay is not gonna hurt the pocketbook!

I'd spend the money!!!:whistling: