IGNORED

fork seal kit

showmebob

There are no kits for the seals. Just order the parts as single items.

But......use only Yammy OEM seals. There are aftermarket seals out there are not at factory specs. Some are too thick and you can not get the retainer back in correctly.

PM Skydoc_17. He can ordered them for you.

I sell an aftermarket seal Thunder Valley Powersports. I've had a set in my 89 for two seasons without a problem. I also have the Fork Oil. If you buy from me be sure to enter the coupon code "VentureRider" at check out to save 15%.

You also need to think about why your seals are leaking. Is it just age or are the fork tubes pitted,or bent or the bushings shot? If either are bad your new seals will fail quickly no matter where they come from.

When I replace fork seals for customers I require new bushings. This is because if I take it apart and find out it needs bushings I've either got to tie the lift up waiting for them or temporarily reassemble so it can be rolled off. If you don't need to turn it around quickly you can disassemble it for inspection then order the parts you need.

If the dust wipers are bad they should also be replaced.

As far as I know the wipers and bushings are only available OEM. I don't have a source that lets me resell OEM at a decent price so I don't offer them in the store. Earl (Skydoc_17) would be your best bet for OEM parts.

As far as I know the wipers and bushings are only available OEM.

Another source for bushings, that I have previously used. Seals & Wipers are also listed.

http://old.racetech.com/evalving/english/Srchpr.asp?bikeid=651&manufacture=Yamaha&model=XVZ1200+Venture&year=83%2D86&TABLEINFO=street&langname=english

http://old.racetech.com/evalving/english/Srchpr.asp?bikeid=652&manufacture=Yamaha&model=XVZ1300+Venture&year=87%2D91&TABLEINFO=street&langname=english

The prices listed are per pair & not each one.

Yea...but...but....buy from them or support one of our own members. All else being close to equal, I hope that we will support our members. :)

Yup, but also a possible source for Micarl too. Remember, he didn't know of another potential source & I found this one 4 years ago.

Rocket, have you found that the ultra-high dollar bushings from RaceTech are worth the money?

OEM bushings are like $20 for a set (Partshark) versus $80 for RaceTech parts

Considering at the time for the mk1, I did not know that the bushings were the same for all 1st gens. I had discovered this on the racetech site (after eventually looking at the mk2 section, a year later). I had gotten these mk1 bushings, to go with the new set of "Frank's Forks" to replace the bent forks from killing the deer. The Yamaha 83 mk1 parts fishe only listed the upper tube bushing as part of the fork tube assy & not a separate part, like on the mk2.

I haven't needed to change out seals since then. I also like Partshark, for OEM parts.

:2cents:

Thanks. The reason I ask is that I've been considering using the "super slippery" RaceTech bushings when I rebuild my Gen 2 forks next month, but I'm having a hard time justifying 4 times the cost if there is no real benefit of either performance or extended life.

Ended up buying another used set of fork tubes off of ebay, was abel to go look at these as he was here close, he had them all polished out and they were in realy good shape, no leaky seals no bushing noise, this outher set of forks i bought off of ebay you could feal the bushings grinding as you pushed the fork tube down, not a complete loss they have the progressive springs in them, i will swap them out, i have got to quit collecting all these old bike parts or go into the ebay buss. myself, i have 9 motorcycles setting around here, 2 of them rideabel another 2 runing.