We went for a ride today and upon our return I smelled antifreeze. I located the leak by the right rear sparkplug around a plug that looked like it could be tightened with a hex key. I tried to tighten the plug but it didn't turn so I backed off until I can find out what this is. My manual is snuggled up in my warm garage in Tennessee and I'm here is sunny, chilly Florida..I'll appreciate any comments. Thanks.

That plug goes straight to the water jacket on the head. maybe see if you can take it out, then reinstall, maybe with some pipe dope, ** Not sure about useing pipe dope ** but give that a try, you may be able to get it to stop leaking.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks Kreg: Figured something like that BUT not being sure I just didn't want to twist something off. Will try to remove it tomorrow.

You might want to run the engine for a while and get it up to operating temp., this should help make the plug easier to break loose. Once you get it broken loose, let the engine cool back down before completely removing it, because with the engine at operating temp. the anti-freeze will be pressurized. If you don't it would be like removing a radiator cap before letting the engine cool.

I have always used thread tape and had good luck with sealing leaks.

C.R.

99 RSV

USMC

Semper Fi

PGR