IGNORED

Leesure lite

crockettrider

I seen a posting s somewhere that 2 riders went from lower 48 to Alaska and back one with a Bunkhouse and the other with an Aluminum Manufactured Brand. One of the Towable Campers held together the whole way and the other had lots of welds broken due to rougher roads and uneven ground also had to get welds at various stops along the way just to keep going and get home. :detective:

Edited by frogmaster
removed one Manufacturer Name.

Guys,

I don't want to PICK on any brand (because different folks have different needs and different budgets) but I can tell you the Bunkhouse Frame (non-aluminum) is very substantial plus Torsion Axle and the rest is Fiberglass, Material and Aluminum braces for tent protion. The other brands that are mostly Aluminum Frames, Chassis, Ect... do not hold up when you add many miles of bumpy roads, RR crossings, Ect. Also most Aluminum Brands have a Piano Hinge the entire width and if the ground is not 100% Flat or over 180 degrees that is when Piano Hinge gets bent, damaged, Ect (not a warranty issue). SMART Campers with Aluminum Hings bring many wooden wedges to support the uneven ground. Bunkhouse has some built in adjustments for uneven ground but a few wooden wedges can save the day for them too.

:scratchchin:

I myself have tried the Time Out, and found that though a good camper it had no room for storage when set up, and was difficult to get to packed for travel. I have used an Aspen Classic which is similar in design to the Bunkhouse, but with the poles on the inside. It was a good setup also, but not mu cup of tea still. I then came to the Roll-A-Home which is somewhat similar to the Leisure, but with inside storage that can be easily accessed on the road. Hard floor, and off ground, inside out of sight storage, and one man setup in 2 to 3 minutes. Sturdy frame, and torsion suspension.

Good info, thanks

A friend of mine had the bunkhouse and he loved it.

I also saw this one but info seems hard to find. It seems quite similar to the bunkhouse in design...and maybe a little cheaper in cost?

http://www.trailmasterinc.com/campers.html

Can anybody find overall base weights for their Models? I did not at their website. Secondly,:scratchchin: I like the stability of the new basement for 2011 but would like to see "Ground clearance data" too. Anybody knows?

I myself have tried the Time Out, and found that though a good camper it had no room for storage when set up, and was difficult to get to packed for travel. I have used an Aspen Classic which is similar in design to the Bunkhouse, but with the poles on the inside. It was a good setup also, but not mu cup of tea still. I then came to the Roll-A-Home which is somewhat similar to the Leisure, but with inside storage that can be easily accessed on the road. Hard floor, and off ground, inside out of sight storage, and one man setup in 2 to 3 minutes. Sturdy frame, and torsion suspension.

Sir I went to my roll-a-home website and seen it was sold to someone else. Still being sold? Manufacturer still supported if any issues? Most importantly a new Website???

TY :):scratchchin:

Very interesting unit. They say they are working on their web site. They have little to offer as far as specs etc. I have seen some say it is a heavy trailer.

I see you are towing with a trike...have you tried it with a bike?

Do you have any weight info.?

It looks like a nice unit. How wide is the bed? My wife says I move too much and wants a larger bed? :confused07:

Very interesting unit. They say they are working on their web site. They have little to offer as far as specs etc. I have seen some say it is a heavy trailer.

I see you are towing with a trike...have you tried it with a bike?

Do you have any weight info.?

It looks like a nice unit. How wide is the bed? My wife says I move too much and wants a larger bed? :confused07:

Yes; Roll-A-Home was sold to Billy down in Hobart OK, and is mostly moved to that location, and production may even be started again. I have the Wide Bed model that is a slide out model, and the bed is almost a King Size. The standard model is more on the line of a double I seem to remember being 4 ft wide. Larry the previous owner pulled his with his Goldwing, and Billy has a Harley that he pulls with. They are about 275#'s for the slide out model, and have a tongue weight of 20#s.

Here is a link to a few photos, and mods that I have done to mine.

http://s382.photobucket.com/albums/oo265/kj5ix/Roll-A-Home/

I came across these tow behind campers. I have been looking at the Bunkhouse and will probaly stay with them but I will take a closer look at these..Nice set up time, Watch the video...and someone, tell me if it's a man or woman setting it up? Pat?

http://www.tent-trailer.com/

"You tell by the way her dungarees fit"! Thank the great comedian, Jerry Clower for that one.

:farmer:

I own the Scooter Schooner Sundowner model. http://www.scooterschooner.com/ The website seems to be down right now. It has a metal frame with a low-profile fiberglass body. All storage areas can be accessed when set up or when closed up. I can set mine up in about 3 minutes. Just remove the cover, flip it open, then attach 2 exterior poles and adjust the interior poles. It seems the price is $4000 - $4500 new. I bought mine (hardly) used for $2000. It has a removeable entry step, a cooler stand on one side of the interior room and a pull-out box on the other side (to use as a kitchen area). Fold up half of the mattress to expose the table/seating area. I bought a foldup table and camp chairs so as to leave the bed area as is. But I am extra prepared in case of a sunny day. Things to shop for when traveling: collapsible Coleman Battery powered lanterns, small camp stoves, Little Buddy Heater, Port-a-Privy (Cabelas or REI), Coleman folding toilet (there are others but for $28 this is the smallest yet most practical), freeze-dreid meals (cheap and with a 5 year shelf life), folding tire iron/t-bar, GSI cook kits, lighter,....

I do a lot of backpacking so I know what you're saying. Small and light is always best.

I just came across one of these for sale. Can't find much on them but the price is good and it's close to home....very appealing. The wife doesn't like the bed size but....? Comes with the a/c unit, and being in Texas...that ain't a bad thing!

http://www.orc.ca/~rwilson/ezytow/trailers.htm

Anyone hear of these? He says it's made in Canada.

have the wide rolla-home. Some have seen it at the international in Indiana and we had it at Pork in the Pines. This thing is heavy probably close to 360 when totally loaded. It pulls like a dream though and sets up fairly quick.

It has the features of the leisure lite for set up...floor off the ground. And the basement and wide bed like the trailmaster or bunkhouse.

We like it.

I found this Bunkhouse LX. It has a/c, hydraulic brakes, screen room, cooler, outside spare, chrome package and has only been used 4 times. It's a 2006 for $3500 and I am set to look at it tomorrow. Set up was done for pictures and was not taut.

http://i53.tinypic.com/ddoysy.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/vfbekn.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/2i6yp2a.jpg

I had a bunkhouse since 1991 and get a new one in 1999 and I love it. It has good storage and you can get to it when you get it set up or when you are get it down.

I pulled it all over the (usa) around 40,000 miles and did not have any trouble with it.:thumbsup:

I had a bunkhouse since 1991 and get a new one in 1999 and I love it. It has good storage and you can get to it when you get it set up or when you are get it down.

I pulled it all over the (usa) around 40,000 miles and did not have any trouble with it.:thumbsup:

Always good to hear. :thumbsup:

This one came up and is a substantial savings over a newly equipped trailer with equal accessories. It will also save me shipping/or time to get it.

Of course he says LX , then Queen bed but told me it was King verbally...typo?