IGNORED

RSV/RSTD Lift Adapter ll

Here's a repost on my idea for a lift frame for the RSV & RSTD bikes.

It's similar to the lift adapter Landpig posted but made of steel and attaches directly to the bikes frame.

It won't work for those who have mounted a center stand as my adapter attaches directly to the center stand tabs on the bike. There may be a way to alter the lift frame but I haven't worked on one yet.

The drawing may be a bit hard to see so if anyone wants a full size copy e-mail me and I'll be happy to send one. I'll also offer to build one for those who don't have the skills or equipment to do so. I'll have to work out the details on costs later.

Larry

Before the big crash I did a post reply to Carbon_One's jack adapter post. A friend and I built this for my 2006 Midnight RSV. I told Carbon_One at that time he should apply for a patent because it worked so well. I have seen where wooden frames and the use of hockey pucks have been utilized. Personally I don't trust my $17,000 motorcycle resting on wood or rubber hockey pucks 19" in the air. I especially like how the adapter is held snuggly against the bottom of the motorcycle and my Sears jack can slide in under it without realignment.

Thanks again Carbon_One :lightbulb:

Mark

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Neat idea! Will 1 1/2" tubing work? I already have some of this size. T/Y, DA

Sorry just saw this post but will answer your question anyhow.

I suppose you could use the 1 1/2" thou it may be a bit tight under the frame. Also using the 1 1/4" allows jack usage as it is whereas using larger sizes would in all probability require you to drive up on a 2x6 board. The 1 1/4" size is a perfect fit for the frame.

Larry

• 3 weeks later...

The only diffrence I can see is the two adapter plates that come with the more expensive model. I have the cheaper one and it works well with the venture. I don't think you would be able to use the adapter plates on the venture because it would not goe under with the adapter that you need sold by carbon one.

Kenny

The first one ($89.00) is the standard all steel, made in China model that is sold in many different colours and names by many different retailers.

The second one has an aluminium frame and a I think is a little more heavy duty. It looks like it may be a little easier to move the bike around on this jack if you wanted too.

I have a version of the cheaper one and it works very well but I have looked at the aluminium ones and I think I would have bought one of those if I didn't already have one.