IGNORED

Replaced front master cylinder

The sight glass on my front brake master cylinder sprung a leak from cracking, so I replaced it with an ebay m/c. When I took off the old master cylinder, the it had just two wires coming out of it and they were tucked in the fairing - not hooked up. Brake light did not work with front brake, now I know why. However, the replacement m/c has two sets of wires coming out of it. The two with the bullet type ends that connect somewhere, but there is another set of wires coming out that have a plastic connector on the end that looks like it should plug into something - anyone know where this goes?

Thanks,

Don

2ea white/black are for low brake fluid in master, both front and rear master are wired in series, and if you do not have warning light, likely the bike side wires are connected together and tucked away.

The green/yellow and brown are for the front brake light circuit. These are wired in parallel with the rear brake switch, and likely the bike side wires are seperated and tucked away.

The brown has power, so don't let it short to ground.

Hey Don,

Those two sets of wires run down the inner side of the right handle bar. Feed them down towards the headlight. Now remove the Chrome windshield trim, the headlight bezel, then the headlight itself. Disconnect the wire plug to the Headlight and set the headlight in a safe place. When you get to this point, I have attached a pic, and the yellow arrow is pointing to a connector that will match up to the connector on the one set of wires. The red arrow is pointing to the area where the two bullet connectors should be. You may have to remove the two "half moon" clips that hold the wires bundled together. To do this, squeeze the half moon and the tangs will come out of the bulkhead. Be sure to run the wires thru the hole in the center of the bulkhead as shown in the pic. The bullet connectors will have a matching stripe on the one wire and a solid wire on the other. After, reinstall the clips, the headlight, and the body pieces and you are done!

I hope this gets you in the right direction,:thumbsup2:

Earl