IGNORED

Cold weather riders!

dynodon

Was getting cabin fever already here in IL, and with the sun shining, and a toasty 36 degrees out, I got the bike out and rode for about an hour. Heated gloves, toe warmers in my boots, extra layer of leather on and my Shark Evoline in full face mode, I was pretty toasty, although I forgot the face/neck wrap that would have kept away a little of a draft.

Still was nice to get out, never saw another bike. Any other cold weather riders out there?:snow:

I try to ride year round. At least a time or two each month. You get lots of stange looks from the cages and occasionally you will see another cold weather rider. I enjoy the feel of riding on really cold days. Now I wouldn't start a trip cross country mind you but still I like to take at least a short ride every now and again in the winter. Provided the roads don't have any ice of snow on them. I can deal with the cold.

Left for work is morning when it was 23 degrees. Warmed up to 38 by the time I got off so I took off for a ride. Had my Scorpion Strike jacket, Hydro pants, a pair of fleece lined gloves with Thinsulate liners and the HJC full face. Before I realized it I was stopping for gas. Pulled up to the pumps and the folks filling their cars were looking at me like I was a Yeti. LOL!

The only other bike I saw was a nice looking HD dresser over in Iowa. When I ran past him I had to kind of laugh. All he had on his head was a leather Brando hat and his face was a bit red. His eyes may has been frozen open. But.....he was out riding.

It's supposed to get hot out tomorrow. Might hit 48 and the low tonight is only going to be 33. Perfect! Be a good morning for a run for biscuits and gravy in Missouri.

I try to ride year round. At least a time or two each month. --- Now I wouldn't start a trip cross country mind you but still I like to take at least a short ride every now and again in the winter. Provided the roads don't have any ice of snow on them. I can deal with the cold.

Same here except I generally wait until the temp goes above freezing - don't like to risk icy roads around here.

when temps get down in the 30's and 40's in south florida, I wear TDU's with knee pad built in with a PD Issued air filled riding jacket, and snow mobile glovers.

One night it was 34 degrees, and we rode, about 150 miles. just the jacket with an white undershirt, under it. i was toasty

2 years ago, when I got the bike, I did about 3000 miles in the winter months. Because the bike was new to me and a need to clear the mind from time to time. Next winter about 1500. This year I think its gonna be once a month I'll get her out and ride her for a couple hours. To keep her happy. Its nice today here in Philly. So I'm think I might go out. I have all the non electrical gear. And I'm warm until it goes down below 32 or so. I have taken the big girl over some small patches of ice. She wants to go down as soon as you touch that stuff. Dont even mess around with a ice patch on a VR. Avoid them at all costs. I did not go down. She would have sliped out from under me but the ice patch was only about 3 inches wide and the tire grabed when it slid off the ice.

I'm considering heated grips though.-jk

I put them on before my trip to Florida last February. They're not enough at 8 degrees though. :doh:

But those chemical disposible heat packs at fleet farm, that will fix the problem. I put them on the back side of my hands and between my sock layers, and life was good.:thumbsup2:

Thinkin' 'bout headin' to Texas this coming February!:cool10:

Later, Scooter Bob

I have heated gear that I use when the temps get below 65 ( yepp I am a wuss ) I haven't really used it too much on the Venture Trike, but it is wired for it. I have been seen on the road on the Goldwing in 16 degrees for long trips though. I have read that the RSV's electrical system is a little weak for two up full heated gear (V7Goose I think ) When I figure out how to block the wind between the lowers and my knees, and face we may ride a little more,,,,:confused24: