IGNORED

What a bummer

kbran

Beth and I got up at 5am this morning and got out of here at 6am on our way to Big Bend with Tom and crew. Well we stopped in a little town called Robert, La just before getting on I-12 to fill up, left there and next stop was in Crowley, La. Went to fill up and NO WALLET. Wallet is gone with DL, credit cards, over $100 in cash, commision card for police dept. and reserve deputy, and I think my SS card (yea I know shouldn't even be carrying it, but have since a teenager). Had to come back to file a report with the sheriff's office and back home to look up credit card info so we could cancel them. Called equifax and put block on credit with the big 3. Don't know what to do next. This just ruined a perfectly good weekend with family members and I am really PO'd. Been really looking forward to this trip and now all I got is a big headache.

:crying::crying::crying:

The only good thing was had a good test on pulling the Timeout camper fully loaded. It did great. Pulled easy and electric brake worked good. Gas mileage didn't look bad either tho haven't figured it up yet.

Oh well hope everyone else weekend is better.

That's the pits. Did you check with the station you last bought fuel at?? You might still get the wallet back...without the money. Folks will drop them into PO boxes, and eventually they'll find their way back home. It may take a while. If it fell out while riding it may never show up. With the wallet in the back pocket they'll start to work their way out while moving around in the saddle. I always take mine out and put it in a front pocket when riding.. I move around a lot.... :)

Dang Kenny that really is a bummer !!! Here's hoping ya just left the wallet on the top of the gas pump and a honest person turned it in to the gas station clerk.

A few years ago I had that happen to me and I take extra precautions with that darn wallet now....I never carry the wallet in my back pocket....the inside pocket of my leather vest makes for a snug secure location.

Hope this turns out well for you buddy !!!

Boomer....who has waterboarded the pygmies and they are innocent of any wallet-grabbing act.

Ken and Beth,

As I read your posting, I could feel that same worry and loss of security all around you.

I pray your wallet is found and you both share that needed feeling of security and comfort once again very soon, and all will be ,as it was before.

Sorry to hear of your mis-fortune. I always put my wallet in a zippered pocket when riding, of course that does not help if you leave it on a counter or worse yet set it on the bike while fueling.

I lost my wallet twice, both times I was lucky enough to have had honest folks find it, returned with everything intact both times. I have my fingers crossed that you are as lucky.

Good Luck

That is a bummer I hope it shows up. You seem to have a habit of loosing thing while riding (cell phone in Colorado) to bad you can't call your wallet to see where you lost it.:stirthepot:

HA! Beth said that's true:confused24:

Thanks for all the vibes, I too still hope it turns up.

Dang, did that once many years ago. Since then I usually keep my wallet in a zippered inside jacket pocket or tucked in the tour pac. Makes the ride much more comfortable! :)

For touring I drilled a hole through the corner of my credit card large enough for a small key ring or clip to pass and wear it on a lanyard around my neck. Makes gassing much easier without risking loosing my wallet or any of its contents. I can feel the card against my chest before pulling away. Just a suggestion .... it works for me:thumbsup2: