IGNORED

Im no longer a venture rider..just a venture person

ronhenry4

I like many have fallen victom to the economy today with great saddness i watched my 2007 venture get loaded up on a truck and taken away. with a new baby on the way i couldnt afford to keep making the payments so i had to make the choise baby or bike... it didnt take long to decide on the baby so off she went. on another note i did get the opertunity to take off most of the extra's i put on like the hitch and wireing harness most of the chrome so i will be posting it in the for sale section soon as i get pics and clean it up. i hope that we all will remain friends and i hope i will still be welcome here as you all have become a part of an exstended family who have helped me through some hard times as well as the good times . thanks for your ear.. Ron aka "grasshopper"

sorry to hear you had to sell off your baby for a different one but... another day will come.

Let us know when you've posted the safety chrome.

Always keep in mind that this site is more about the people rather than the bikes they ride or not ride. (at least it seems that way to me)

You're family you have no worries about being here. Now as for the baby when she gets a bit older you can get another bike, gotta break her in on riding too. Just remember to stick around and we want pics of this kid when it's born ya know. You might not have a bike but we like kids too. Especially when they are someone elses. :)

Margaret

Just a minor "curve in the road" with the loss of the scoot. But a major "blessing" with the new little person on the way. Many of us made that adjustment when we had little one's on the way, but went back riding later on in life. That would be me. :Venture:

sorry to hear you had to sell off your baby for a different one but... another day will come.

Let us know when you've posted the safety chrome.

Always keep in mind that this site is more about the people rather than the bikes they ride or not ride. (at least it seems that way to me)

thanks Siler T it makes me feel good to hear things like that from the members

You're family you have no worries about being here. Now as for the baby when she gets a bit older you can get another bike, gotta break her in on riding too. Just remember to stick around and we want pics of this kid when it's born ya know. You might not have a bike but we like kids too. Especially when they are someone elses. :)

Margaret

Thanks Margret i knew i could count on you to bring a smile to my face and of course i will be putting up all kinds of pics when "SHE" gets here yep its a girl !!!!

You ain't getting away!! Better times will come. We will still let you show up once in a while. A few here have been known to take cages to Meet & Eats:whistling:

1st Gens are a lot cheaper:innocent:

yea as i remember sin sey you did was it twice now ????:stirthepot:

Guest Ken8143
1984 I rode with a couple that had to decide between one baby or the other baby. They had a baby girl now that she is grown they are back riding with me and enjoying their delayed youth!

Phill

Yeah - A Venture will be waiting for you when your baby is all grown up. There will plenty of 1st gens still running strong for you, so don't lose hope.:dancefool:

I definately understand. I purchased a new 80 Goldwing. Then in 83 came my daughter, Leah. The Goldwing went. Then in 85 my son Tye. It has been 27 years later and in the last few years I kinda of gave up on the idea of getting back in the saddle. Then in June I picked up a nice 89 VR with only 24K. I did miss riding occasionally in the 27 years, however Leah & Tye has brought more fun, excitement and adventure.

Your day will come again.

Guest RawHide

But I never lost my love for riding either...and I remain as a member and we all want you to do the same! Once a Rider ALWAYS A RIDER...never forget your roots! And I am sure your experience will be honored in discussions here and there.

I enjoy all the Meet N Eats and Mini Rallys like everyone else...and I occasionally BUMP A RIDE! It's been an priviledge that my fellow members think of me kindly!

Stay in touch and remember your always welcome to continue remaining a member.

Good luck and enjoy your new arrival BAMBINA!

Joanna

Congrats on the baby!!! I sold my 78 Honda back in 81 when my daughter was born. Priorities!! Another bike will be in your future at some point, but hey, your stuck with us. :smile5:

Hey its not the end of the world. Its just a time out. Besides you will have so much fun with being a Dad, that before you know it, you will be back in the saddle. Besides you can always upgrade to 1st gen, and at a fraction of the cost.

Congratulations :dancefool::banana:

Edited by saddlebum

In 1984, I got rid of my beautiful 1982 black with gold pinstripe GL1100 Interstate when I finally decided that my wife, new daughter, and myself were not going to be able to safely ride it at the same time. In May of 2008, when my youngest daughter graduated High School, I decided I was too young to own another Gold Wing so I went out and bought a younger persons bike........ a 2008 RSV.:stirthepot: Congratulations on the baby. I love to ride but wouldn't swap a day with my children for a day of riding. When the time is right, there'll be another RSV waiting for you. Stick around, it'll keep you up to speed for when you get your next ride and besides, I may need some help next time I go through Cinncinatti.:happy34:

Glenn