I am going to cautiously say nope they wont work. I dont think you can get that tach around the dash. Your cables would be way too short I think.

Most of us go for the 1.5 inch risers from barons and sometimes that takes some wiggling with the cables to make em work.

Or they swap out handle bars completely with Flanders G2 I believe it is. This will require recabling but I have heard nothing but good things about those bars.

I have the risers and they work for me.

I've got stubby little arms to go with my stubby little legs, so I'm going to need to move the bars back a little closer when I get my RSV. Has anyone here tried these? They look pretty cool.

Those look great on my 1100 VStar but they certainly won't work on a RSV as the tach well would sit inside of your cassette desk area lol..

http://www.baronscustom.com/catalog/display/777/index.html

These are the risers most of us use. Be aware that the risers cause the bar clamps to contact the dash cover. It doesn't hurt anything and it only does it at full lock.

AND you can't use these with the CHROME dash cover as this is not flexible enough to make contact with the bars at full turning of the bars.. :/

AND you can't use these with the CHROME dash cover as this is not flexible enough to make contact with the bars at full turning of the bars.. :/

I beg to differ on this. I have had the 1.5 inch risers on mine since last June and they work fine. You will just have to remove the rubber grommet from underneath the chrome cover. This will let the cover, which is just as much plastic as the black ones are, move a little more freely. Be forwarned, you may have to fiddle with your cables, handlebars, and control units to keep enough slack in the cables without them binding at full lock. Also , you may need to do something to keep the fairing dampeners in place so the fairing won't vibrate and possibly cause so unforseen damage there. Below are a few pictures of what I did. I didn't like it too well at first because the risers hit the chrome cover but I got use to it and now I wouldn't have it any other way. Do a search on risers on this website and you will find a lot more. Good luck!!

• 3 weeks later...

I just had my fairing off and there were no fairing dampeners! Mine's an 02. Did the 02's have them? I'm guessing they did and the PO did not put them back after installing risers.

I beg to differ on this. I have had the 1.5 inch risers on mine since last June and they work fine. You will just have to remove the rubber grommet from underneath the chrome cover. This will let the cover, which is just as much plastic as the black ones are, move a little more freely. Be forwarned, you may have to fiddle with your cables, handlebars, and control units to keep enough slack in the cables without them binding at full lock. Also , you may need to do something to keep the fairing dampeners in place so the fairing won't vibrate and possibly cause so unforseen damage there. Below are a few pictures of what I did. I didn't like it too well at first because the risers hit the chrome cover but I got use to it and now I wouldn't have it any other way. Do a search on risers on this website and you will find a lot more. Good luck!!
Edited by ken

I just had my fairing off and there were no fairing dampeners! Mine's an 02. Did the 02's have them? I'm guessing they did and the PO did not put them back after installing risers.

Yes they all have them as stock. I rode for a while without em but found the fairing too rattly. I was worried about vibrating itself to death and put mine on...I just wedged them in. They work fine and havent moved.