IGNORED

COP wiring harness avaliable (Coil over plug)

dingy

When I posted an the Vmax forum.net site about the group buy for the solid motor mounts SGN is getting together, one of the members there asked me if anyone on this site would be interested in a wiring harness he is making.

Link to one of threads on Vmax site. http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=14155

The purpose of this harness is to allow the use of Coil Over Plug units in place of the standard ignition coils used on the 1st gens.

The harness adapts from the venture wiring harness coil connectors to the COP units. It also has a resistor in it to match the expected coil resistince found on the Venture/Vmax bikes.

The harness is $70, shipping $5 USA / $12 Canada , Mexico / $15 the rest of the world.

Next in red is a cut from the post on that site.

The conversion harness applies to all years of the first generation Vmax, The coils that you need to purchase would be Denso coils. Suzuki , GSXR's and Busa's have the coils that are the proper Ohm's resistance for these harnesses. I cannot say personally that all Denso coils have the same Ohm's resistance. I have not been able to check anything other than GSXR and Busa coils. Now My bike I have the Busa coils, I like them better because they are short. They are 5" in length and just clear the valve covers. Now some Denso coils on the GSXR's are 5 1/2" long. They just barely fit , clearing the frame when installing them on the rear cylinders. Generally you should not have to purchase coils on Ebay for anymore than about $45-$50. If you have an idea the length that you might want, Feel free to ask questions to the seller. Most will respond with the total length of the coil.

If anyone is interested, contact me and I will coordinate purchase with him.

This is done to help one of our Venture cousins and us out.

Gary

Edited by dingy