IGNORED

Pa state inspection?

DONATALIE

Does anyone here on the Darkside live in PA? If so, how do you get your bikes inspected with the CT on? None of the locals dealers/shops (9 in total) will inspect it with a CT on. I live in south central PA, and would be willing to travel quite a distance to get someone who will inspect it. I'm just not willing to commit to coming over to the Darkside until I can find a shop that will pass it come inpsection time. Thanks, Don from Harrisburg, PA

Edited by DONATALIE

Skydoc,

The Altoona area would definitely be within reach, thanks. If I do this, I am going to do it over the winter months. The inspection isn't due until June, so that gives me plenty of time. I currently have a 2000 RSV and a 2004 HD EGC with a Hannigan sidecar on it. The HD is for riding with the kids, and the RSV is for me. I'd love to put a CT on the back of the HD, but it looks like that is not an option as a I can't find a tire that will fit. I have only put 6,000 miles on the HD and the back tire is shot already. What I'm considering is switching the sidecar over to the RSV and putting the CT on it. I don't want to give up my two-wheel RSV, but the safety of the kids comes first. I know, using the word "safety" when talking about a CT on a motorcycle will set some people on a verbal mission, but I am also talking about a sidecar rig, so there would be no leaning. I hope to get all the other benefits though, better braking, larger contact patch, longer tire life, etc. Please, "haters" keep your opinions nice, I don't want to start a you-know-what contest. Thanks again, Skydoc. Don

Thanks for the input, Jaybird, that helps alot. I have several friends that are PSP Troopers who have done that job over the years, though none currently. They told me the same thing. However, when I mentioned this to the shop owners/service managers, they tell me that PSP isn't covering their legal liability if something unexpected happens. I guess I can't argue with that, given the state of our civil legal system. Anyone can be sued for anything these days. Anyway... thanks again for the input. Don.

Skydoc,

The Altoona area would definitely be within reach, thanks. If I do this, I am going to do it over the winter months. The inspection isn't due until June, so that gives me plenty of time. I currently have a 2000 RSV and a 2004 HD EGC with a Hannigan sidecar on it. The HD is for riding with the kids, and the RSV is for me. I'd love to put a CT on the back of the HD, but it looks like that is not an option as a I can't find a tire that will fit. I have only put 6,000 miles on the HD and the back tire is shot already. What I'm considering is switching the sidecar over to the RSV and putting the CT on it. I don't want to give up my two-wheel RSV, but the safety of the kids comes first. I know, using the word "safety" when talking about a CT on a motorcycle will set some people on a verbal mission, but I am also talking about a sidecar rig, so there would be no leaning. I hope to get all the other benefits though, better braking, larger contact patch, longer tire life, etc. Please, "haters" keep your opinions nice, I don't want to start a you-know-what contest. Thanks again, Skydoc. Don

I was getting 3000 miles on my rear tire with the sidecar.I put the C/T on and now have 14,000 miles on the tire and it still looks new.C/T with a sidecar is a no brainer.