IGNORED

Where do you buy your parts?

mlew

I'm new to the world of Ventures and have not found any place to buy parts yet. I have been on XS1100 for years and have sources for many parts in need. I know I can go through most online bike suppliers and buy OEM parts but where do you find the good deals on your parts. Is there a prefered parts vendor that most of you use?

I'm riding a 83 Venture Royale

for your 83, i would wait for the 1st gen folks to chime in. seems though that ebay seller Pinwall is a major souce. there is a classified section here where folks put stuff up for sale. if you don't see what you want in our classifieds, open a thread with want to buy and state what your needs are.

Welcome to the site and we are glad to see you here.

Guest scarylarry
E-Bay. Lot of 1st gen parts.

Correct E-Bay and have lots of patience, cause for evety good deal on it there is 100 bad ones, I have seen RK pipes sell for as much 100.00 bucks and like most here will say HD riders will give them away most of the time

Hey mlew, glad to see you finally made it here.

For OEM parts I like Cycle Parts Nation. I get all my OEM parts from them and it usually takes about a week. They're here in Michigan so it might be a couple days longer to NC.

For aftermarket parts try Thunder Valley Powersports. Use the coupon code VentureRider at checkout to get 15% off. (shameless self promotion:whistling:)

mlew.....

A pretty wide open question. A lot of good suppliers are available. You looking for anything in particular?

Mike

Yah!! I still have a boat load of 1st gen parts I want to get rid of!!

The problem with Fleabay is a lot of time the stuff you buy is in worse shape than what you are trying to replace. Don't ask me how I know that...

I am not impressed with the prices and quality of Pinwall and refuse to buy from them any more...

Pioneer Motorsports offers Ventureriders a 15% discount on parts ands accessories. Just add michellea to your friend list to qualify.

Welcome to the site mlew. I've also got an 83 venture that I'm always needing this or that for. In addition to the resources on this site, and the other places already mentioned, I also buy parts from :

http://buckeyeperformance.com/

Rick is easy to work with and knows 1st gen ventures inside and out so he can help you one-on-one when you're not sure what part you need for your aging venture.

https://www.bikebandit.com

bought from these guys several times. OEM & aftermarket parts. They also do paypal and amex payments if you need which most parts places do not do.

:big-grin-emoticon:

Thanks guys, I'l lcheck those sites soon. I'm not looking for anything specific right now. There are a few bits and pieces I want to replace soon, just cosmetic things. It would be nice to buy new parts instead of EBAYing to get used and unsure parts. I would like to replace the old gauge lenses with new ones, the old ones are cloudy.

I got everything running good and took my first ride this weekend, burned a full tank of gas going nowhere.

The speedometer and tack windows on mine are cloudy and cracked. Its hars to see . Can you send me a pic of your dash I might could use it.

I just replaced the windows on both master clyinders, I'm a member on xjbikes.com and I got some new ones from them.

What it take to replace the windows mine are shot.

The speedometer and tack windows on mine are cloudy and cracked. Its hars to see . Can you send me a pic of your dash I might could use it.

I just replaced the windows on both master clyinders, I'm a member on xjbikes.com and I got some new ones from them.

I have a spare instrument cluster but the window is also clouded over so I won't offer that up to you, probably as bad or worse than what you got. As for the the view windows on the clutch and brake hydraulic tanks, I cleaned them out real good and dried them with brake cleaner, then jb-welded over the windows, inside and outside, to stop fluid leaks. It actually don't look too bad but my bike is kind of rough around the edges already anyways so I don't recommend that kind of fix if yours is still pretty shiny and nice.