IGNORED

Empty nesters

Naugh-T

Brad and I are alone for a month, :ice_thy-vi101212101 grandparents We are having problems with laundry and food. Brad is running out of underwear and socks, he has lots about 10 of each. We usually do laundry a couple times a week so no one ever ran out, but with no kids its takes alot longer to get enough full loads.

And Boomer before you even suggest that we go with out, or turn them inside out, that wont happen, and not much more room for more, so you people with no kids, how often do you do laundry? Do you learn to cook less as we are not fond of left overs. Sauces are hard to make for two. So how do make less with out left overs? Cant say its quieter Brad is still here :)

Naugh-T

Well I just do smaller loads of laundry. Cooking is a problem I hate cooking for just 2 and since muffinman is gone I don't really cook at all. Of course that's gonna change when he gets back home. Basically everything is much easier when it's just the 2 of you. Well except trying to get away from him when he annoys you. Why do men always come looking for you? :)

Enjoy you're time for as long as it lasts.

Margaret

Time heals all things, We have had no kids in the house for 12 years, Let me put it like this (learn do your own laundry ) don't combine it because one of you will go through your clean clothes quicker than the other.

Cook for 4, leftovers seldom make it through the night.

Do some things away from each other, to much time together with no distractions will reveal all kinds of little pet peeve personality traits that neither of you knew existed.

otherwise nothing much changes.

Except maybe a real strong desire to sit around the house in your undies every morning but that usually goes away after a couple of years.

We really don't have a problem with all that,,,,,,, Marca looks after it all, and there are no worries.

'Course you could always invite some neighbors over for supper and offer to do their laundry while they are there anyways,,,,,, Just a note,, I Would bring some beer!

Cook things that do good as leftovers, wash small loads, Don't wear clothes they don't get dirty!! But you can put something in the fridge go back 3 wks later it is still there!!! Turned green but its still there... Never run out of ice. Sleep when ever you want to. Use the kitchen table for things it hasn't been used for in 25 yrs!!:whistling:

Cook things that do good as leftovers, wash small loads, Don't wear clothes they don't get dirty!! But you can put something in the fridge go back 3 wks later it is still there!!! Turned green but its still there... Never run out of ice. Sleep when ever you want to. Use the kitchen table for things it hasn't been used for in 25 yrs!!:whistling:

Now the truth comes out. Did the warden break that ankle falling off the table:whistling::confused24:

The first time I was an empty nester, I got used to it real quick - then my daughter returned to live at home while she went back to school. That was a bigger adjustment.

Enjoy your month. Leftovers can also be liberating and extra underwear for Brad is not too expensive unless his taste is - well - different.

Enjoy your month. Leftovers can also be liberating and extra underwear for Brad is not too expensive unless his taste is - well - different.

As in depends, for something disposable.... :stickpoke: I don't think he is going on, a mad dash cross country trip. :2cents:

After the kid's finally left home...we had a revolving door there for a few years!! One out--one back in :yikes: The hardest thing for us was to get used to living with each other !!!! Quickstep had been a long-haul trucker for over 35 years of our marriage, and we didn't know how to live day to day together :think: what a time it's been.

He only drives country area's now, and home every night..and we are still getting used to each other :bang head::crackup::crackup:

Well Rhonda.....you know how much I cook.....I'm still making way too much!

I hope you are having a good time with Brooke gone, but remember.....she is coming back:crying: so don't get too used to it:rotf: If I didn't have to work, I would show up and bring my dirty laundry, and I'm sure I would be hungry by the time I got there!:rotfl: