IGNORED

Camping in oHIo

Hummingbird

Wife and I went camping last week end at Arrow Point campground in Loudenville Ohio. The campground is on the Mohican river and is locally famous for it's canoeing.

We were lucky enough to get a river side site and as witness by the pictures below we had to contend with traffic all week end. At times it was quite bothersome ( 1st 3 pics ) :smile5:

and other times it became entertaining ( pic 4 ):clap2:

Then there was the guy that thought his Kayak was better suited for the hillside and shale ( pic 5 ) Guess we know who won that fight. We watched him scraping shale off himself for 10 minutes before he grabbed his beer and left.

We didn't take our bike because of my forked thumb but that didn't stop the ribeye steaks Friday evening over a fire and Johnsonville brats for Saturday evening.

I believe there was some Ultra and Ravens Glen Pinot Grigio wine consumed, not positive, week end was a little fuzzy (see pics 1,2 & 3 ) :innocent-emoticon: It's really odd how a Michelob ultra and a slap upside your head keeps eyes in wonderment

I know exactly where that rope swing is, but you gotta go down by Mohican Wilderness campground to go up on the old railroad bridge piling to REALLY appreciate a good rope swing! We've been camping at MW since the early 70's, before Wally Rd. became popular with all the "campgrounds" they have up there now.

But, if you're talking riding/driving roads, go down Wally Rd till where it dead-ends into Greer, turn right or left on 514 and enjoy the ride! Spent plenty of times back in the 70's making that race back down 514 to Columbus to church on Sunday morning! Even spun out a couple of times(Back in my Corvair racing days!).

Love going up there every year

I know exactly where that rope swing is, but you gotta go down by Mohican Wilderness campground to go up on the old railroad bridge piling to REALLY appreciate a good rope swing! We've been camping at MW since the early 70's, before Wally Rd. became popular with all the "campgrounds" they have up there now.

But, if you're talking riding/driving roads, go down Wally Rd till where it dead-ends into Greer, turn right or left on 514 and enjoy the ride! Spent plenty of times back in the 70's making that race back down 514 to Columbus to church on Sunday morning! Even spun out a couple of times(Back in my Corvair racing days!).

Love going up there every year

My son goes down to the wilderness cause he can get a LOOOONG canoe trip and be back home. We took our bike there once, hated the gravel and dust but somewhere we found hardtop and ended up waaaaay south of loudenville. Wasn't worried tho - we still had 1/4 tank of gas.

Mohican State park is a great place to ride. I live about 20 minutes from there and like to go riding around there. Especially the two roads that lead down to the covered bridge.

Gary

Had I known you were so close, we could have shared a hot dog - I'll know the next time - will give you a call when we go that way again