IGNORED

Just curious

1rooster

How many 1st genners out there that think their bike is faster than a 2nd gen has actually ridden a 2nd gen?I would be willing to bet 90% has not.I have both so I can talk the talk and walk the walk.:Venture:
I have, road a friend of mines 2005 Midnight Venture one weekend at the first if the summer. It wasn't a bad ride but I still liked my 1st Gen better.

I have an '83 and had Pastor Paul's 2nd Gen on hand for awhile, so I've ridden both. Add to that my neighbor, friend and riding buddy, Kenny, who is a long-time and very skilled rider, had a 2nd Gen and we often swapped bikes. My 1st Gen always smoked his 2nd Gen, regardless of who was riding which bike. He ended up selling his beautiful 2nd Gen for an 1800 Wing. Now the tables have been turned...

TERRY

How many 1st genners out there that think their bike is faster than a 2nd gen has actually ridden a 2nd gen?I would be willing to bet 90% has not.I have both so I can talk the talk and walk the walk.:Venture:

You can say this Rooster, but you have always talked a bit funny and can't walk much better!!!

RandyA

I have owned an 84, 86, 89 and a 01.

I really think the 84 was the fastest but they were all faster than the 01.

But I love the 01, much more comfortable.

BOO

I'm with Boo, I have owned 8 Ventures, 4 1st gens - '84, 2 86's and an '89 and 4 2nd gens 3 99's and an '08 The 1200 cc's are the fastest of them all as they had a little hotter cam. The G2's are the most comfortable imo.

I'm with Boo, I have owned 8 Ventures, 4 1st gens - '84, 2 86's and an '89 and 4 2nd gens 3 99's and an '08 The 1200 cc's are the fastest of them all as they had a little hotter cam. The G2's are the most comfortable imo.

I agree thats the way it is supposed to be but that 1300 I have now is just plain MEAN!! No reason that I know of but my 1200 can't take it.:confused24:

So put the question to rest for us.

\

Here is my take on this.Both bikes will run 70 on interstate,55 on rural roads,35 on Blue Ridge Parkway,and as low as 10 on the Rooster Tail.You will have to ride the rooster tail to know what I mean about as slow as 10 mph.So, with all this taken into consideration....NEITHER IS FASTER..but for comfort the 2nd Gen wins hands down, or would that be thumbs up?

Never ridden a second gen. Kinda scared to. I already have an itch for one so If I ride one just might have to get back in debt. But as for wich one is faster it all depends on whos willing to twist the throttle more. As for me I really dont care as long as I love what Im on.

David

WOW! I didn't buy my venture for it's blinding speed. I bought it because it was comfortable and has all the bells and whistles. If I was just looking for speed I'd have been satisfied with my Suzuki M95. Not to mention the M handles great.

But I love the G2 Venture. Oh, and most of all so does the wife. :)

Moped and I agree, we did not buy our bike for speed. It has plenty of power, to get us out on the open road and we can out run any HD. Now note I know better than to say a GW. We love our bike, it is not perfect, but it is close. We have never ridden a First Gen., but because Moped is 6'2" he knows he would not like the leg position. So if speed is important, ride the First Gen., but on long trips we will be happy to stay with our Second Gen. !

Yama Mama

I had the 83 model and 04 model now.. By far the 83 was a pure Beast just plain mean... 04 may not be as fast But the 04 has better leg room - seating and better ride too! I just Love this Midnight:happy34:

so as for comfort & room the 04 Wins period!!

Thumbs up:thumbsup2: for Second Gen.