IGNORED

only 2 posts in here?

SilvrT

hey rick; I haven,t told the wife yet about leaning the bike against her car, maybe on payday when she,s in a good mood. Looks like most of the scuff mark is the silver of my bike, probable polish out. or I,ll blame it on the mall parking lot

• 3 weeks later...
Guest redrs

Hey, if there's a shirt I need one too:o

Hubby and I were out on a ride . He turned off the main road (why he diverged from the main road I have no idea),and had us on some pretty yucky back roads (trying to find his way back to the main one) .

Anyway, to make a long story short - he turned on one road and I didn't see the big pile of gravel and so you know what happened next. At least I was in 1st and going real slow. Gravel was so deep the bike just slowly laid itself down ( what a good bike:)). he picked it up for me and rode it to the road. Guess you know that we found a better road in no time!!

(no damage to the bike BTW)

There I was being all cool and everthing, pulled up to a red light...Sheriff Dep. right beside me... I normally ride in boots, but was just going to the store, so put on some hiking boots ( Lace Up`s )...well, as I pulled up next to the officer and went to put my left foot down... I was s`prised to find out that my shoe lace had got wrapped around the shifter and well, you know what happened next.. thank god it was my shadow and not my SRV..

My experience is similar to yours... In my younger (teen) years I was riding an on/off road motorcycle through town and came up to a four way stop. There was a police cruiser pulling up to a stop in the opposite direction. I figured I better come to a full stop (which wasn’t always the habit at the time). As I rolled up to the stop I down shifted and went to put my right foot down... On the lower right side of the bike is a rocker lever that you can hit one way or the other with your heal to flip the transmission in high or low range. Well you guess it... my pant bottom (bell bottoms) was draped over the lever and I couldn’t get my foot down. Needless to say I went down like a falling tree and hit the ground just as hard! The office stayed around long enough to see me get up then drove away laughing, likely thinking I should have training wheels!!

I pulled up to the gas station, turn the bike off and filled it up. Well, guess what, it would not start.

I had a heck of a time getting this thing rolling, barely fast enough to get the engine to turn. I tried to jump on it and stopped midway and gave up.

ried again, rolled, actually got on it, dropped her into first (dumb me), bike came to a stop.

Tried again, it went rump rump and stopped.

I am like, cannot call anyone, not gonna call a tow truck for a jump, wont let anyone help push me (cracked my trunk once before). I sat down, un-POed myself, took the gloves, helmet and jacket off.

Ok, do or die, rolled it as hard as I could, dropped her in second and bam, she started.

Bet you all though I was gonna drop it a few times in the story! Heh, if so, gotcha!

NEway, I fixed that problem cause I was not gonna do that again - Squids cables and a PC680MJ.

Yea, I've done it three times since I bought the 03 RSV at the end of September 2005. First-Very First Day-backing into garage, lowest panel of door was not up, antenna hit it, I overreacted by grabing the front brake, and over I went, no one seen me. Second, Getting ready to pave our subdivision, went up the hill on our driveway over a 6" bump, turned left, looked up over the street, next thing I know I'm airborn. Tires didn't grab the freshly compacted gravel. Luckily, no one seen me again. Third-wife and I after a 12 hour ride arrived in Knoxville and pulled into a hilly hotel, went to back up the hill, foot slipped from the mosture on blacktop and over we went. Wife said "Why you do that", Don't believe anyone else seen us but still embarresed to say the least. And yes, she still reminds me. Lucky this year, 4000 miles so far and no tips. Later-

Well it didn't happen to me but it was funny none the less. Back in my Bar hoppin' days (early 70's) living in West Virginia the main street through town was door to door bars in a town called Weirton. I had a sweet Honda 750 chopper and it was Badd $$$. I had a 900 cc kit on it, a raked out springer front end, Ames softail frame, mag wheels, 2 rectangle over /under headlights on front, a king and queen seat, bobbed rear fender, custom paint and a 4'sissy bar with an iron cross tail light. A friend of mine had a BSA lightning. He and I were hitting the bars one after another down through town. At about 3AM we decided to ride home (pretty hammered) and we're hitting every red light riding up through town.

At this particular light I was on the right side of him as he pulled up to stop. It seemed like a long time just sitting there and then his bike fell over to the right pinning him to the pavement. He almost hit my bike with his head on the way down. I asked him what the H##L he was doing and he just started laughing. I pulled my bike to the curb and picked his bike off of him. Good thing there was no traffic at 3AM. Pulling his to the curb and then attempting to pick him up we discovered that he had broken his leg. I drug him to the curb and called my wife to come get us (she was not a happy camper). A cop pulled up and asked us what we were doing and we told him that we were waiting on my wife to come get us cause we were too inebriated to ride! We didn't mention his broken leg though! The wife carried him to the hospital and I rode my bike home then she brought me back to get his.

"The good ole' days"

Dog

I am new to riding with this being the second year I have rode. My buddy arranged for me to his friends Venture while he was out of country last year. One thing lead to another and I ended up purchasing the bike. I have enjoyed it but find it heavy at low speeds.

Now to my question. Those of you who have dropped your bike with your wife on the back, how did she fair? Did she get hurt?