IGNORED

XM Sirius subscription cost

Crash

Guest PlaneCrazy

Looks like they only offer per month and then 2 year and 5 year packages. Anything from $9.99 /month up to $19.99/month for all XM and Sirius channels. You'd probably be able to find a better deal by buying a new radio at an electronics store on sale... with a sub included.

Personally I tried sat radio on my last bike a couple of years ago. Built a custom handlebar mount for my radio and put an antenna, amp & speakers in a batwing fairing on my Honda and I didn't like it at all. Even in my car, I found i was constantly looking for channels to listen too. And I found the audio quality sucked using stereo RCA outputs from the Sirius radio. Some of the ones built into new cars sound really good but for an aftermarket solution, I thought the sound was really dead.

On my RSV now, I use the MP3 player built into my TomTom and it sounds awesome. If I am riding the highway for long distance, I usually use active noise canceling ear buds with a small MP3 player in my vest. Even with no music playing, the ear buds filter out the wind noise and make those long trips much more relaxing.

It's up to the end user I figure. I know some people who listen to just one or two channels all the time and they like Sat radio, but for me it's over priced and not worth it.

Guest tx2sturgis
Does anyone know what is the best deal for XM Sirius Radio for a yearly subscription? And what do you get?

Thanks.:scared:

The best deal is the lifetime subscription.

You asked!

mine runs me $124.00 a year....not sure how many chanels I get, but its a mess of them, I like it cause I only have to head west about 10miles and I lose all reguler FM stations...I really like it, my youngest son gave me the radio for my Bday a few years ago, and I get it re-uped every year for fathers day....:clap2:

I have had mine for 5 years now, really enjoy the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s mucic channels. If you enjoy baseball XM gives you ALL the games . Also some select country music you never get on the radio. Plus a full time Jimmy Buffett channel.

Cb I have the xm everything serivce , it's the middle service. I take it from car to car and both bike plus boat.

I will be the black sheep here, I had XM about 4 years ago and after our month long trip in '06 I got rid of it. They played all the same songs the radio stations play and I heard them repeatedly within a couple of day period.

My thought is if I'm going to pay for music I want to hear 50 years worth of music, the stuff they dont play on the radio. I wasn't real happy with it and thats why I got rid of it. Now Freebird loves his, and thats cool, but I just plug my MP3 player into the bike now and listen to all the music I want and what I want to hear. It only repeats if I want it to :)