IGNORED

Have you ever told your hubby to slow down?

Yama Mama

I don't ride the major highways, as I like to ride mostly at 60-65. so mostly all of my trips are on secondary roads. 55 to 65. I Only do super slabs, if there is no other way around it.

Truck, Car, Bike & Bus, always about 60-65.

Just don't want to be part of the rat race.:draming::Venture::scubadive::mo money::mo money:

Nina has never told me (or should I say 'asked') to slow down; however, last weekend riding with a group, we stopped for gas. One of the riders was on a beemer sport touring 1200 cc. He asked how powerful these "Wings" are ... so I showed him when we pulled onto the highway... at about 110mph Nina taps me on the shoulder and says "you know... a girl has to work herself up to this..." LOL!!

I have a VStar! My bike at the time I wrote those posts was a Yam 650 Custom., which I still have. I bought my '96 Royal Star Tour Classic, the predecessor [sp?] to your RSTD almost exactly one year ago. I still want a RSV and have the wild and crazy thought of having both the RSTC and the RSV. Since the same Voyager trike kit will fit both bikes, I may just end up with both!

I also have a gravel driveway. Whenever I pull out or come home, the feet come off the pedals and act like outriggers to help keep the bike from going over. I don't put any weight on them, just let them slide along the ground just in case I need to balance the bike. I also don't get up to any kind of speed until I'm on blacktop. BTW the first add on to the RSTC was the same as the first add on to the 650, a set of engine guards. It makes the 650 alot easier to get up off the ground. Hopefully it will do the same for the RSTC!

Oh Brad, you don't have a husband. You are one!!

Zooer I can relate to that! What worries me is one day I'll be commin up our gravel driveway and lose it and there'll be no one around to help me! At 56yrs. and 5'9" the TD can be a challenge. But some day I'll trike it. Never gonna let it go!

Brenda H. you might like a V-Star. I just traded mine for a RSTD and was much easier to reach the ground on it. Didn't have a luggage rack so I just strapped my travel bag to the passenger backrest and set it on the back seat.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a VStar! My bike at the time I wrote those posts was a Yam 650 Custom., which I still have. I bought my '96 Royal Star Tour Classic, the predecessor [sp?] to your RSTD almost exactly one year ago. I still want a RSV and have the wild and crazy thought of having both the RSTC and the RSV. Since the same Voyager trike kit will fit both bikes, I may just end up with both!

I also have a gravel driveway. Whenever I pull out or come home, the feet come off the pedals and act like outriggers to help keep the bike from going over. I don't put any weight on them, just let them slide along the ground just in case I need to balance the bike. I also don't get up to any kind of speed until I'm on blacktop. BTW the first add on to the RSTC was the same as the first add on to the 650, a set of engine guards. It makes the 650 alot easier to get up off the ground. Hopefully it will do the same for the RSTC!

The '07 has the engine guards w/lower fairings. My first purchase is gonna be the lower wind deflectors. My legs are about to melt off with this 100+ degree weather!

And I'm looking at the Hannigan Trike kits. Love the retro styling! Hoping by the time I need it, I'll be able to afford it!

You drop an RSV and can't pick it up-------------you ask for help, no problem. Never seen the day there is not someone more than happy to help. Have never not been able to pick one up yet, BUT last time I did pick up a touring machine I wish I'd asker for help the next morning. My back was wiped out or a couple of weeks. :crying:

I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere... so I will only mention this for the benefit of someone that may stumble on this thread that isn't aware of the proper technique to pick up a big machine... SilverT was right in response to this... use your legs... not your back. I have had back surgery and when I saw a demo on the proper technique, it really registered in my memory. Basically you do what you can to get the machine on a level perch... put the kick stand down if that side faces up... make sure the tires won't slip around on loose "scree" as you lift and make sure the bike is in a lower gear so the wheels won't turn much as you lift... then back up to the seat squatting down... grab your bike with the closest hand to the front... to the front... the closest hand to the back... to the back... and pivot the bike up on it's tires using your legs and pressure against the seat as you face away from the machine. When you are almost upright, lower the kick stand if it is now on your side and set it back on it. If you are in an uneven place, you should be able to turn around and straddle the machine and climb on to get it in a place to set the stand. If the stand was on the opposite side, you can now also get it to settle in place. I have a grab handle on my RSMV that is a good place to grab for lifting... and a handle bar for the other end...should suffice. I'm sure there has to be a better explanation of this procedure on this site..., so do some research if you are not sure what I am saying and have never learned this technique.

Also... watch out for those 4 legged obstacles... my brother ate a deer for breakfast on his way to work a couple weeks ago... he is recovering ok... but the bike was a total loss. Heck of a way to get a new bike.... :(

Blessings, ALL!

YES! i have, on a few occasions, been requested to slow down a bit.

and it's never been an issue - from my perspective.

Wife is there to enjoy the ride as much as me, if she wants to go a bit slower - no problem.

My goal is to insure she wants to ride again, otherwise i won't be "allowed" to either.

stay safe...

• 1 month later...

Our daughter lives in Bright, Indiana at the top of a long winding hill. When we leave her house at night in the dark it always bothers me because I am always looking for deer to jump out in front of our bike. I remind Ron that there could be deer, but although I do not think he is going over the speed limit much, I think he could still go down the hill a little bit slower. I have said it many times, but it is always the same. In fact, they used to make fun of me because I always want to live before it gets dark. Now I am retired and I so not have a good reason to leave early.

I guess I have to just accept it for what it is.

Yama Mama