IGNORED

Have you ever told your hubby to slow down?

Yama Mama

Now of course, I am referring to motorcycling.

I personally have thought it quite a few times, especially at night riding out in the country.

I really do not think I have actually told him to though as yet.

And if you told him to slow down, would he do it, or just be mad at you.

Yama Mamaattachment.php?attachmentid=47862&stc=1&d=1278909393

Mini what would he be thinking!

I find that Ron (my first husband) goes faster when the music is good, there is a Harley near by, and the sun is going down. Normally, he is always very much aware of his surroundings, such as dumb cage drivers on cellphones, and pickup trucks with items hanging out the back of them, and a group of deer grazing in a field, etc.attachment.php?attachmentid=47872&stc=1&d=1278947427

Yama Mama

Hummmm...good question.

I think it depends on the music.

And any Garage Sales...

he conveniently speeds up. I don't know why...where would I put my treasures anyway...

I need a trailor...just a thought...:mo money:

In answer to your question...I just have to say ..."What's the speed limit thru here"..and that's usually enough to slow him down.

Big Tom and his Ice Cream stops...come on. How fast can he go?

Good point Taters! I can imagine Big Tom and his ice cream urges.attachment.php?attachmentid=47939&stc=1&d=1279114920

And with the RSV, it is amazing how many garage sale treasures you can put in them. We have done amazing things with chicken and beer ourselves.http://www.davincisartandcoffee.com/Pottery/Follette/Beer%20Can/beer%20can%20chicken.jpg

You would have to look on my previous posts to understand that one. We carried 30lbs of chicken and 5/24 packs of beer on the bike one night. Long Story.

Yama Mama

I am thankful that I have one of those hubby's that doesn't go faster than I feel comfortable - might be because I like the speed too:) As for the trailer & such... we have one - just never seems to be hooked up during garage sale season. We do however, get groceries with it. Got some beer & eggs one week & took the "scenic" route home. Not a good day! lol You must go slower with food in the trailer:8:

I am thankful that I have one of those hubby's that doesn't go faster than I feel comfortable - might be because I like the speed too:) As for the trailer & such... we have one - just never seems to be hooked up during garage sale season. We do however, get groceries with it. Got some beer & eggs one week & took the "scenic" route home. Not a good day! lol You must go slower with food in the trailer:8:

Would have made a mean batch of scrambled eggs :crackup::crackup::crackup:

• 1 month later...

I'd settle for the Harry Beast [if you see him, you'd understand the nickname!] getting his MC license. I'm the only one who rides in this family. One of the lesser reasons for wanting a RSV is so that I can be a passenger once and awhile!

Just out of curiosity, how many FEMALE RSV riders are there out in the world? :scratchchin: I'm not talking riding pillons, I'm talking us girls doing the driving!

I would think that you ride for pleasure,,,, that then goes to say it must be pleasurable for both, the rider and the passenger, so what's wrong with communicating your pleasure or your dis-pleasure,,,, seems even steven to me. Now if Marca starts asking me to go 'back-up'?? that might be a little too slow. She does tell me when she's not enjoying the ride, when it's break time, she's getting cold or hot, cornering is not going well, get your feet down at the stop signs, somebody is following too close, too much side wind,,,,,, YEP, she needs to enjoy it as well.

I'd settle for the Harry Beast [if you see him, you'd understand the nickname!] getting his MC license. I'm the only one who rides in this family. One of the lesser reasons for wanting a RSV is so that I can be a passenger once and awhile!

Just out of curiosity, how many FEMALE RSV riders are there out in the world? :scratchchin: I'm not talking riding pillons, I'm talking us girls doing the driving!

Hey Brenda, I think we are a rare breed :thumbsup2: I am the only woman in Australia riding a Venture [all be it with extra wheels now]

I was the first woman to ride a Honda ST1300, and also a Yamaha FJR1300.:happy34: Can't let the guys have all the fun :sign yeah that:

I'm in full agreement Annie. I'd love to be able to ride a FJR but I'm vertically challenged and can't ride ANY sport touring bike on the market [and I'd love to have one!!]. 32 in seat heights don't go along with 28 in. inseams. And lowering one as much as I'd need it to be would screw up the bike's ergonomics and I'm not putting out that kind of money just to muck up the bike!

I've been told by a person whose opinion I respect that I'm a damn fool [basically] for wanting a RSV. That the bike will "take me for a ride". If I was walking into this blind, he'd be right. But I'm well aware that if the bike goes down, there's no way in H*** that I'll be able to stop it. 800 lbs of RSV against a 50's something, short, chubby housfrau, the bike will win. My last bike was an Aprilia Atlantic, a 500cc maxiscooter. In it's own way, just as top heavy as a RSV. That bike has given me a good idea of what I'm letting myself in for. And, like Annie and her trike, the plan has always been to put a Voyager kit on the RSV. Just a matter of when I can afford the darn thing!!

Now if I could just get the hubby to get off his A** and get his license, I wouldn't have to worry about it!!

BTW Annie, didn't I read somewhere that you're coming across a rather large pond to pay us poor Yanks a visit??? :happy34:

Moped and I were at the Honda Hoot a few years ago where they had the Yamaha demo rides. When the tent closed up for the evening, the employees drove home the bikes. We saw a women who rode the RSV Midnight, and I know she was shorter than me. She was on her tip toes. I thought wow what a women. I think she probably was about 5'7 or so and I think about 40 years old. Just guessing though. I could not believe that with all the other employees there, that they would give her the RSV to ride out of there, but she did it.

Yama Mama:smile5::Venture:

:hijacked:

When I had my Atlantic, I attended an open house at AF1 Racing in New Braunfels, Tx. These guys are Aprilia/Piaggio dealers and who knows what else by now. They are great guys and sport bike fanatics, not to mention one of the few outfits I'd trust just about any bike to. Micah, the head mechanic and sport bike guru, has even worked on my Custom although cruisers are a "foreign country" to him if you know what I mean.

The open house was to celebrate their new location and finally getting their Aprilia dealership. I'd say 200+ bikes from all over the US and Canada to give you an idea of what kind of customer base this outfit has. One of the guys who came in for it was a lawyer from Nevada as I remember. Bob wasn't much over 5 ft tall and was quite something as I haven't seen too many people pulling a bike trailer with a Porsche! The open house ended with the group going to a track day at Texas World Speedway. I went strictly as a spectator and was watching Bob riding an enduro bike I couldn't have gotten my leg over without standing on something around the track at speeds I never would have even thought of trying. He couldn't touch the ground on that bike, wasn't even close, but he told me he had been riding for something like 20 years and had figured out how to ride what he wanted whether it was low enough for him or not.

I won't ride a bike I can't sit on flatfooted. I've even been on some cruisers, most notably the Kawis, that while I can sit on them, the controls are too far forward for me to reach them. I can't ride any ST bike and the only full touring bike I can even come close to flatfooting is the RSV. My dream bike for something like 35 years has always been a Goldwing but neither the 1500cc's or the 1800cc's versions can be lowered so I'm completely out of luck there. Harley says I should be able to ride an Electra Glide [NOT!]. I have ridden Owen's '08 Black Cherry. He has a longer inseam than I do but still lowered his bike 1 inch front and rear so he could spread his legs out making the bike more stable for when his better half, Margaret, is aboard. I had no problems with it. I was completely flatfooted and had an absolute blast for the short time I was on it. In fact, the only bike that has even come close to that RSV was the Yam. Road Star I got to ride when one of the Houston dealerships had the demo truck visit[no RSV available]. If it were not for the fact that I want all the touring bike bells and whistles, I'd buy a Road Star and save myself a few bucks :). Now all I have to do is find THE bike and figure out how to pay for it!! :mo money:

:sign back to topic:

• 6 months later...

You drop an RSV and can't pick it up-------------you ask for help, no problem. Never seen the day there is not someone more than happy to help. Have never not been able to pick one up yet, BUT last time I did pick up a touring machine I wish I'd asker for help the next morning. My back was wiped out or a couple of weeks. :crying:

You drop an RSV and can't pick it up-------------you ask for help, no problem. Never seen the day there is not someone more than happy to help. Have never not been able to pick one up yet, BUT last time I did pick up a touring machine I wish I'd asker for help the next morning. My back was wiped out or a couple of weeks. :crying:

Is it possible you weren't using the right technique as if you were, you should only be using your legs ...

Sometimes driving slow is more dangerous then driving fast. It all depends.

Driving slow and hanging around heavy trucks will increase your danger zone by 50%.

I drive within the speed limit and if everything is right sometimes 5 over. It just all depends on everything. I drive according to the conditions sometimes fast and sometimes slow. I'm a defensive driver and always have been. I can say I have had a bike all my life and never had an accident.

:7_2_104[1]:

• 1 year later...

Zooer I can relate to that! What worries me is one day I'll be commin up our gravel driveway and lose it and there'll be no one around to help me! At 56yrs. and 5'9" the TD can be a challenge. But some day I'll trike it. Never gonna let it go!

Brenda H. you might like a V-Star. I just traded mine for a RSTD and was much easier to reach the ground on it. Didn't have a luggage rack so I just strapped my travel bag to the passenger backrest and set it on the back seat.