IGNORED

San Diego CA to Charlotte NC

AKRefugee

Well due to work load I will be moving from San Diego to Charlotte this weekend.

I will riding the bike across the US of A and my trip plans are as follows

26Jun - San Diego - Litchfield Park AZ (just west of Phoenix) via CA78/I10

27Jun - Litchfield Park - Grants NM via 87-260 to Overgaard for early lunch with friend

than either US60/AZ61/NM53 or AZ277/AZ377 I40

28Jun - Grants - Elk City OK via I40

29Jun - Elk City - Fayetteville AR via I40/US62

30Jun - Fayetteville - Dickson TN via either

straight east to the Ozark National Forest then south to I40 or I540/I40

01Jul - Dickson - Charlotte NC via I40/I26/US74/I485 to Tryon than home.

I will be checking my email and this site every evening. If anyone would like to meet for early breakfast or dinners or would like to ride any of the route with me just drop me a line and we will see if we can meet up.

Well welcome to NC. We will expect to see you at some of our meets during the year. Mostly the annual meet we have. It happens either right before or after new years eve. Depends on when the holidays hit. We promise to take good care of ya down here. Oh it's way hotter here then where you're coming from. But at least it cools off nice out that way.

Margaret

I did not check your route but when in Tucson Arizona, if you see an Eegee's you must stop for an eegee Cold and yummy!!!!!!!

Click HERE to see their website.

When I am in New Mexico I stop at a Blake's Lottaburger for a green chile cheeseburger.... low brow food, but a taste I must have.

Click HERE to go to their website.

OR if you eat in any New Mexaco local restraunt and are having a cheeseburger, ask for green chile..... if they dont have it, eat elsewhere..........

Someday I would like to eat at every restraunt on the New Mexico’s Green Chile Cheeseburger Trail

Hyw 62 travels right through my town in North cental Arkansas, Mountain Home. Hw 62 can be a pain in the axx and except to travel about 50 miles per in 1 hour all the way through Ark. It is a 99% 2 lane road with very little chances of passing. It is the only highway north or south for about 70 miles so everything the needs to go east to west or back travels this road.

It is a nice ride but do not get in a hurry and the cops watch for people passing on double yellow lines. I have over 20,000 miles on the back roads here and the desire to pass can drive you crazy.

BIG NOTE .... PEOPLE HERE SEE YOU COMMING DOWN THE ROAD AND WILL STILL PULL OUT IN FRONT OF YOU AND THEY RUN STOP SIGNS. I also drive a extened cab 1 ton dullie and they will still pull out in front of you.

Any questions please ask or if you need help Chuck newman 870 656 2986 full workshop if needed.?

BE CAREFUL.....BE SAFE