IGNORED

Throttle cable adjustment

I need to adjust the slack in my throttle cable and the manual says to loosen the lock nut on the cruise control. I found the throttle cable. Where do they hide the cruise control unit :confused07: It's an '07 Venture. (I gave up looking after a couple of minutes cause soup was on the table and I haven't got back to it)

Thanks,

John

The Cruise control unit is behind the left lower cowling. It's a cylinder about 3 or 4" in diameter and about 7or 8" long and one end is covered by a large rubber boot. The nuts for the cable are under that boot. Looking for the photo that shows this part... Second attached photo. The part is number 4 the rubber cap is number 6.

Technically there are 5 cables in the throttle assembly. There is a junction box under the tank on the left. All 5 meet in this junction box. See attached photo. Cables 6 and 7 go from the throttle to the junction box. Cables 10 and 11 go from the junction box to the carb. Cable 23 goes from the junction to the Cruise control.

Where are you trying to adjust the free play in the cable. If at the throttle itself then there is an adjustment just behind the throttle itself.

When adjusting the cable the final test you should do is to turn the handlebars to the right till it hits the lock and make sure the throttle returns to zero.

Is there a specific problem you're having?

Edited by gibvel

Thanks,

I had some play in my throttle which I got rid of mostly at the grip. I had the tank and seat off to replace the plugs so I thought I'd do some routine maintenance while I had it apart. The cable seems a bit loose under the tank on the left side where the cables from the throttle connect to the carb unit. The service manual says to adjust it here also. But the cable at the cruise control unit has to be loosened also and I couldn't find it. I'll have another look now.

It's raining so good time to work on it.