IGNORED

Bushtec Roadstar

BigBear

I'm hoping to pick up an 08 Bushtec Roadstar trailer this weekend.

Now I need to start thinking about a hitch? Bushtec hitches are "pricy"...and not the "attractive"....

What/who's hitch do you recommend for an 08 RSV pulling an 08 Bushtec Roadstar trailer? Will the hitch accept the same PIN required for a Bushtec trailer?

I think the Bushtec trailers only come with the Hiem joint for connection to the bike. You may be able to change the connection on the trailer tongue to a regular ball and then get reciever type set up for a ball hitch.

I have a Bustec Roadstar and the regular Bustec pin hitch on the bike, I just take the ball off and cover the pin with a black plastic cap and it is not so bad.

With the way they made the hitch for the Royal Star line it is pretty simple to remove and install, just 4 bolts, you could take the hitch off for when you are not hauling the trailer and then put it on when you need it.

As soon as I can get a few shots of the set up I will post them.

If you are picking it up locally and need it towed home let me know maybe I can do that for you, Rockledge is not to far away from Edgewater.

Let me know.

Thanks for the pics!

Does the Bushtec hitch have a separate receiver that holds the pin? Or is all one piece?

It would be quite handy if the hitch had a seperate reciever, so that I could just pull the receiver, and leave the hitch mounted.

And...thanks for the offer to tow! The owner lives in Titusville, and offered to deliver it!

Now...just got to come up with a hitch! :hurts:

I am not aware of a reciever style hitch from Bustec except for the Goldwing, but here is a link to there web site.

If John is still with them since the buisness was sold he will answer your questions if you email them.

From their web site: "If you have a question about a specific application, please call (423) 562-9900 or send an e-mail to csr@bushtec.com."

http://www.bushtec.com/

I would still be up for showing ypu the hitch set up in person if you like, it is no problem riding south is a good a direction as any around here, actually a lot better than trying to go east. :hurts: