IGNORED

Quick ride 'round the block=400 miles later + Angry message from her b/f

LilBeaver

So a few months ago, a gal I work with (she shares an office with me) had asked about my bike (she sees my crash jacket & helmet sitting next to my desk every day) and we had a nice little chat about it. Turns out, some of her only memories of her and her father were of her riding on the back of his wing. She asked if I would mind taking her for a ride sometime, of course, I said no problem - just let me know when. Well work finally slowed down some (and classes are over for a while) so we planned it for today.

I roll up to her place around 745 or so. She is out on the porch waiting for me, and pretty much set to go. I hand off the extra crash jacket I have and helmet, we chit-chat a little and take off. My mistake was thinking that she just wanted a quick ride. So I take her for a 20 minute spin around town and down one of the only decent roads within 10 miles of town here and as I start to head back to town she says 'going back so soon?'. My response of 'I'll stay out as long as you want to' was followed up with 'how about a ride up to Palo Duro canyon?' (this is about a 220 mile round-trip straight there and back) While verifying with her that she knew how far it was, she had commented on how she had been there just recently and knew, blah blah blah, but she wanted to take a 'scenic route' up and back.

At this point I was about like :happy65::smile5: and said "Fine by me, lets go". So, I pull a u-turn and take off. We stop at a few scenic turn outs along the way for a peek or two at the views at each place (which are few and far between here in the panhandle). I have attached a few shots.

Since I've got the headsets in the helmets we chatted along the way and she was enjoying herself, which is good. We end up stopping for lunch and I pulled up to her place around 430 or so (~400 miles later) to let her off and she already wanted to know when she could go again :yikes::yikes: :happy34:.

Now, to be clear here, we are just friends and I have no intentions of it going any further, but dang, that about brought a tear to my eye.

While we were out, at one of the scenic turn outs a small group (turned out to be a portion of the STAR riders from Amarillo) pulled up and we chatted. They had 2 or 3 RSTDs, 1 Strat, a V-star and a black royal star tour classic (I think). I also chatted with an 84 year old man that was on an 08 wing that had over 60k on it, he was one happy rider.

So I get home and see that I have a few voicemails. It turns out that her boyfriend didn't know that she was going to be out all day and had her cell phone (which obviously had my number in it). I had no idea and meant no harm, but he mentioned numerous times that he was her boyfriend and wanted to know when we'd be back. Apparently he was also upset that I didn't answer my phone ( - which I'm guessing he didn't think through since we were on a bike). I guess I can't blame him, I'd be a 'little' honked too if my girlfriend took off with some guy I didn't know and was gone for most of the day. But, I don't know that I would have called his cell phone either :confused24::think:. I'm no home wrecker, but who am I to argue with a woman (I know better than that - especially on important matters like this).

Anyways, I had a TERRIFIC day, a FANTASTIC ride, and my friend was REALLY excited about the ride too and can't wait to go again. So, overall it has been a great day. :smile5:

I always love when I can share my joy of motorcycling with others that also appreciate and enjoy it, and that's all that happened today.

:Venture::Venture:

Hope everyone else had a great day too!!

Edited by LilBeaver

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah right...we all know what you was trying to do. You ought to be ashamed kidnapping that girl like that...all day long. :stickpoke:

What do you expect her to do... jump off while you are running down the road...

I must admit you got a good story...just remember to stick to it.

Well at least you had a good time. :whistling:

Yeah right...we all know what you was trying to do. You ought to be ashamed kidnapping that girl like that...all day long. :stickpoke:

What do you expect her to do... jump off while you are running down the road...

I must admit you got a good story...just remember to stick to it.

Well at least you had a good time. :whistling:

While jumping off the bike was an option, I had made sure that she knew all she had to do was say the word and I could turn around at any time.

And yes we did. :D

So is the guy ok now or still throwing a fit?

Well, I haven't a clue; I have met him once and he introduced himself as her 'friend'. I will probably call her in a little bit to make sure everything is fine, however I did have the following thought too:

sounds like her boyfriend needs to get a bike, quick, before she trades him in on one of her own. :duck:

NO KIDDING!

:crackup:

Well sounds like a great day. Her boyfriend will get over it, not like they are married. Plus you gave her a chance to do something she liked doing with her dad. I think ya done good.

So when ya gonna take her again?

Margaret

I agree - he can deal with it.

My intentions are pure (i.e. NO shenanigans) and her and I both know that. So, whatever.

Today while we were eating lunch she had mentioned that she had nothing going on tomorrow and would like to see northern New Mexico/southern Colorado (6-800 mi round trip). So we have tentative plans to head off first thing tomorrow morning. BUT, that might end up changing by the end of tonight. :duck::confused24:

:Venture:

800 mile round trip?? ... is there an overnighter in this scenario?

Nope, no overnighter involved. The route I've got figured is only about 650 total. So, I'm thinking a total of 12-14 hours ought to suffice (including fuel stops 2 meal breaks and ice cream). Kickstand up around 6am (she is an early riser too) and I can have her back before sunset. :thumbsup2:

careful Rick... she's after your bod "..."

:witch_brew: :witch_brew:

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup: Yeah... Right... That's it. :sign20::banana:

Although I have been told numerous times that I can be quite dense. :think:

Nah, no funny business here. She just enjoyed the ride and wants to go again. :thumbsup:

Hey, Boomer, there is a gal that likes to ride bikes. :whistling:

Maybe not the third strike :080402gudl_prv:

Sounds good....then I saw the pic of her....I'm older than dirt and that gal can certainly do better for herself than me.:bawling:

Boomer.....who loved riding in Texas.....especially Liberty,Texas.....;)

Sounds good....then I saw the pic of her....I'm older than dirt and that gal can certainly do better for herself than me.:bawling:

She use to ride with her father, you are older than dirt, maybe she sees you as a father figure and wants you to give her boyfriend the "Just what are your intentions, boy!" speech.

:12101:

Guest Swifty
a gal I work with

we had a nice little chat

asked if I would mind taking her for a ride

was thinking that she just wanted a quick ride

she was enjoying herself

we are just friends

no intentions of it going any further

...is there an echo in here?

:2132:

I'm glad that you feel that way because I wasn't going to say it... I was just getting ready to lay out a pygmy run cheesecake diversion, if necessary... I think I'll still keep that in reserve. :happy34:

Gee Beeve,

The last time I took a woman on a 800 mile motorcycle ride, I ended up kissin' her on the lips and the next thing ya' know, I was married!:doh: Good thing Jean likes to ride! :Laugh:

I'm glad you had a great time, My dad used to say,"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then"! :crackup:

You youngsters stay outta' trouble!

Earl and Jean

Good for you LilB! It is not often a person can find a riding buddy without said person having ulterior motives. Sounds like you have made a friend. Real friends are tough to come by today.

After a few more rides you may even spring on her its time for her to take the MSF course and learn to ride/buy her own so she can enjoy riding as it was meant to be.

Gee Beeve,

The last time I took a woman on a 800 mile motorcycle ride, I ended up kissin' her on the lips and the next thing ya' know, I was married!:doh: Good thing Jean likes to ride! :Laugh:

I'm glad you had a great time, My dad used to say,"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then"! :crackup:

You youngsters stay outta' trouble!

Earl and Jean

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that: Hey Earl what are you doing out of bed??

So what does age got to do with it? She is not into the crotch rocket thing. :stirthepot:

It really sounds like you've turned loose a passion with in her, and her boyfriend may not be able to have that great love of the road like she and the rest of us do. So phooooeeey! Enjoy, and feel younger.

Just think of all the admirable looks you'll get from the side of those who see you with such a lovely beauty who is so young! If their nose gets bent out of shape, just tell em to take Geritol. LOL> (Or laxative).

JackZ

:thumbsup::clap2::dancefool::thumbsup2::scratchchin::clap2::Venture::big-grin-emoticon: