IGNORED

Front tire for GW trike...

yamadawg

I have a friend that just bought a '93 Gold Wing trike. He had been trying to get back on a bike for several years but is slightly paralyzed in one arm and had to go with a trike. The front tire is a Dunlop EIII 130/70R-18 and is in need of changing. Are there any alternatives that he could use? It looks as if the trikes mainly upright stance wears out the center of the tire prematurely. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Don

• 2 weeks later...
I have a friend that just bought a '93 Gold Wing trike. He had been trying to get back on a bike for several years but is slightly paralyzed in one arm and had to go with a trike. The front tire is a Dunlop EIII 130/70R-18 and is in need of changing. Are there any alternatives that he could use? It looks as if the trikes mainly upright stance wears out the center of the tire prematurely. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Don

If you can find a rear tire in the size you can try that. The rear tire's have more tread than the front tires, go figure.

Try to find a Michelin Pilot Active in 130/70R-18 ( rear tire for sport touring bike), and mount it in reverse, or a BT45 (BattleAxe) I have the MPA Michelin on my GW, and have 27 K +- and lot of tread left.