Hello, I just purchased the Morgan Carbtune Pro and will soon attempt (first) to synchronize the carburetors on my 2006 RSTD which has almost 8,00 miles and is experienced some occasional back fire and pops on deceleration. Before attempting this work I need to clear up some confusion about doing this work. Thanks

Subject: Seeking Clarification

Reference: Article on Synchronizing the Carburetors. (RS Venture and 2006 – Royal Star Tour Deluxe)

In this article (page 5) of the text under the lower picture you write, you’ll want to adjust 1 and 2 on the left side and 3 and 4 on the right side of the bike (again when sitting on the seat). These adjustments are made with a #2 Phillips screwdriver from the right side of the bike. My comment…aren’t the adjustment to carb’s 1 and 2 made from the right side of the bike looking through the V of the engine to the left bank of carburetors. Isn’t the same adjustment to carb’s 3 and 4 made in a similar way from the left side of the bike (not right side) looking through the V of the engine to the right bank of carburetors using the long #2 Phillips screwdriver?

In the picture (top – page 7) where the text indicates [Here is the screw for synching both sides together]. It is accessed from the left side, just above the choke knob. This is a hex head screw with a slot for a screwdriver. On my 06 RSTD this screw is located on the right side of the bike or am I confused on the location of these adjustment screws and their physical location. Thanks for your input.

Reference: Article on Synchronizing the Carburetors. (RS Venture and 2006 – Royal Star Tour Deluxe)

In this article (page 5) of the text under the lower picture you write, you’ll want to adjust 1 and 2 on the left side and 3 and 4 on the right side of the bike (again when sitting on the seat). These adjustments are made with a #2 Phillips screwdriver from the right side of the bike. My comment…aren’t the adjustment to carb’s 1 and 2 made from the right side of the bike looking through the V of the engine to the left bank of carburetors. Isn’t the same adjustment to carb’s 3 and 4 made in a similar way from the left side of the bike (not right side) looking through the V of the engine to the right bank of carburetors using the long #2 Phillips screwdriver? No, 3 and 4 are also adjusted from the right side

In the picture (top – page 7) where the text indicates [Here is the screw for synching both sides together]. It is accessed from the left side, just above the choke knob. This is a hex head screw with a slot for a screwdriver.

Yes adjusting both sides together is done fron the left side

On my 06 RSTD this screw is located on the right side of the bike or am I confused on the location of these adjustment screws and their physical location. I think you are confused the hex head screw on the right side located towards the rear of the gas tank is for adjusting the idle speed

Hope this helps.