IGNORED

Mustang Seat for My Royal Star??

Hello All, Got my96 RS on the road and need to replace the original seat, not comfortable at all. I have been looking at Mustang and Corbin Dual Touring seats and would like some feedback.All will be appreciated.

I had the mustang on my 06. It was comfortable, especially liked the backrest. I ended up selling it, to me it was to shallow. Felt like I was riding on the fuel tank and it was to wide at the tank. If you want to be closer to the bars, it may be a good match. I'm 6'1 at 230 and needed alittle more wiggle room.

Love my Mustang seat, was not sure when first installed but over time has become very nice, durn glad I got it.

How was the passenger seat? My other ride is a Venture and the passenger seat is very comfortable. Can I expect something similar?

How was the passenger seat? My other ride is a Venture and the passenger seat is very comfortable. Can I expect something similar?

Can't compare to the Venture seat but I have the Mustang on my RSTD and my lady friend loves it - comfy without being too cushy.

I also have the Corbin dual tour seat. It's not ideal for me really, but it's by far the best thing I've tried so far. I've had it for a few years now and have put a lot of miles in on it. I think the only way I'd do any better is to get a Day Long seat. Seats are such an individual thing.

Hello All, Got my96 RS on the road and need to replace the original seat, not comfortable at all. I have been looking at Mustang and Corbin Dual Touring seats and would like some feedback.All will be appreciated.

The stock seat seemed to push me forward into the tank, so went with the Mustang dirvers & pass. w/matching sissy bar pad. What I liked immediately was the 'bucket' feelng of the drivers seat, down and back, and with the pass. it kinda forms a lumbar support for me. Also have Kuyrakyn switch-blades on the engine bars, so when I'm on the hwy it's like sitting in my LazyBoy :D. Have logged 500 mi days in comfort.

BTW, am looking to sell the original stock seats since I have no intention of going back, if anyone's interested.

After putting a Mustang seat on my Magna I said I'd never have another bike without one. I recently put one on my 05 RSTD and I wish it went farther up the tank like the factory seat. It just seems short between the tank and the curve up to the passenger seat. But it is an all-day seat compared to the original.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the ultamate seat and love it. I used to ride with the Corbin Dual tour on my Harley Low Rider but it was taller and I could not be flat footed. I'm 5'7" with 30" inseam. The Ultamate is great no butt fatigue at all...but wiih it was an inch shorter or perhaps lowering the bike an inch.

Edited by starkruzen

• 3 weeks later...

I have the ultimate seat with back rest and matching passenger seat with back rest for both. The seats are extremely comfortable even, in my opinion, more comfortable than the Corbin dual tour I had on my Harler. I have the opposite problem, I have short legs and I would like to sit closer to the tank. I was wonder if the Mustang seat would be more suited for me.

I would be interested in a trade if I good fine one with the same style has mine, ie; chrome studs an dual back rest.

The mustang is a shallow seat and will put you bout an inch closer to the tank compared to the oem. I sold mine last year with the back rest...sucks, I would trade you. If you decide to sell yours, pm me. I've got the comfort cruise and its not working for me...the butler mode is very good, but the seat is starting to get too soft.

:2cents: Mustang. I've had the opportunity to try both. The stock seat and the corbin both bothered my tail bone. The mustang's back part of the seat helps, it's more vertical. The drivers backrest is also a must.

• 1 month later...

I like the Mustang seat w/ backrest on my '07 rstd, it puts me just close enough to the bars to eliminate any reaching that goes on which makes me slouch. Also it changes my leg angle just a bit likewise so I don't feel so stretched out with too much weight on the tailbone.

I'm 5'10", 32" inseam.

• 8 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Realize this is an older thread, but I contacted Mustang and was told they do not make seats for the RSTD any longer. Went to Corbin and ordered the dual tour with the back rest pad. ///expensive/// was assured I would love this seat for the long haul. Cabt wait to get this two tone bomber. for my pearl bike.

I had a Mustang seat on my 2000 Vulcan 800 and LOVED it!

My current bike, 98 Royal Star Boulevard came with an Ultimate Driver & Passenger seat on it and a Corbin seat in a box of spare parts. I didn't like the shape of the Ultimate Driver's seat, but the passenger seat was extremely comfortable (larger, well shaped and padded).

I put the solo Corbin seat on and never looked back. I hadn't ridden in about a year and spent almost 7 hours on my first ride with the Corbin and no pain or fatigue at all.

If you like a firmer seat, Mustang &/or Corbin are the way to go!

Rich

PhishHead