IGNORED

Radio's out - again!

Jinksy4

Well - the 2nd gen radio went out again. Seems to happen every year now. Getting kinda expensive to listen to the tunes and talk to the truckers. Will split it open, exercise the plugs,and grease up the connections to see if that helps. If not, back to Ebay.

Anybody have this type of failure - this often?

ok is it the controler on the handel bars or is it the amp in the fairing that goes bad? Ken (slick97)and I split the fairing and checked and greased all the connetions still no luck. took it to the local dealer and got the run around about how Yamaha will not pay for every thing that they will do to fix it i told them i all ready did all that and the only thing they need to do is take it out and send it off to be repaired they still told me that i would have to pay i told them it is still under warranty he said that they will still charge me something so i left went to a dealer 80 miles away talked to them going to take it off this friday and send it off and i ask if i would have to pay for anything and they told me NO it was all covered. I had to drive 80 mile up there and 80 miles back but it is worth it to get it fixed and not have to deal with dealer that is a jerk.

ok is it the controler on the handel bars or is it the amp in the fairing that goes bad? Ken (slick97)and I split the fairing and checked and greased all the connetions still no luck. took it to the local dealer and got the run around about how Yamaha will not pay for every thing that they will do to fix it i told them i all ready did all that and the only thing they need to do is take it out and send it off to be repaired they still told me that i would have to pay i told them it is still under warranty he said that they will still charge me something so i left went to a dealer 80 miles away talked to them going to take it off this friday and send it off and i ask if i would have to pay for anything and they told me NO it was all covered. I had to drive 80 mile up there and 80 miles back but it is worth it to get it fixed and not have to deal with dealer that is a jerk.

Bobby,

If I were you, I'd call Yamaha and let them know how this crappy dealer in our area handles their customers. They need to know how much business he's costing them.

they replaced my handlebar controller ...and i still had a problem that developed late...greasing my connections solved my problem.....so, i guess it's hard to say which is causing the problem for you.....i would think they would start with the handle bar controller......

Got a fire under me last night and split the fairing. The problem this time turned out to be the handlebar remote controller - which I just happened to have a new one from an earlier trade. I have not tie wrapped the connectors before and will do that this time for added support.

Sorry to hear about your dealer experience - I do everything I can to stay away from them. They make me want to break a law or two.