IGNORED

J&M CB install

MikeM8560

I installed The new JMCB-2003 CB this weekend.

when purchasing the unit i ordered the yamaha mounting kit. the kit is for the star bikes. you remove the left mirror and bolt the mount in its place the the mount and cb mount to the rear of the bolt and the mirror bolt into a hole in the cb mount plate.

well this doesnt work with the 1st gen as the clutch resovoir is a bit higher then the bolt on our bike that has no mirror in it. the bolt is used to hold the stereo control switch box.

this also was an obstacle. wha i did was remove the switch from it mouning tab by the 2 small scres on the backside.

I then turned the mount over so the switch was down rather then above the mounting bolt. tropuble wasa now due to the angle of the metal piece and the switch box when mounting the cb down tight over the stereo switch it pushed down on the switch and cause trouble with the switch operation. So i removed the stereo switch and drilled a new hole so it mounted about a 1/4" lower. installed the cb and all fit well now. I then removed the stock antenna and installed a Firefly cb antenna with fold down mount from http://www.walcottcb.com/

I wanted to keep the single antenna so i added a splitter in the cable so the antenna works for bolth cb and stereo. I suppose the splitter take away from the cb power but im just looking for communication for group riding. not long distance talking. with the stereo input tapped into the stereo speakers the music from my stereo and Ipod with fm modulator is heard in my headset along with the cb. they also have a way to connect cell phone and gps if you like.

in the first photo you can see a hole in the front of the cb on the chrome mount the is the hole they say to use to mount it but i used the hole in the back that for the mirror instead because othe the resevoir being higher on the 1st gen. you can also see the new lower stereo controls position.

Lets see .. Her bike, her anniversary, her radio ... What the problem .:rotf:

I have installed several of the J&M units this year and no complaints to

date .. The biggest thing is they are not totally water proof so if you give

your bike a shower, make sure you cover the radio and put the caps on the

6 Pin DIN plug in's ... Notice I said 6 Pin DIN .. Normal Venture is a 5 Pin DIN ..

You will have to order the new 6 Pin lower cable for your headset

to use with this radio.

Both the 5 Pin and 6 Pin lower are compatible with the newer J&M headsets

that have a split lower cable ...