IGNORED

Ok I bought one!!!

Guest RichG

Guest RichG

I found a RED one (the fastest color)!

What a cool bike. It handles soooo much better than my bar hopper Sabre.

Now, I need guages. RPM, water temp, ambient temp, compass. I see someone on the forum buildes them..............We'll talk!!!

Need a shorter smoked wind shield. I see they're for sale :)

Also I think I want to ride without the trunk. It seems easy enuph to take off. Seems like a few bolts and the whole assembly comes off. If it is easy to get off and on then I'll only use it when on the road. (seems like over kill for around town). I will need a back rest to bolt into the same holes.

Has this already been done???

Thanks for all of your help with my pre-purchase questions.

Rich

Edited by RichG

Guest RichG
This is what it looks like.

Looks good! How about the seat. Can you put it back together and keep the seat on? Or does it even go back together?

Ok, Ok, I knew the ugly head of envy would pop up and the erroneous claims of which color is the fastest, but we all know that Newton’s 8th theory and Einstein’s 4th prove conclusively that Red is far and away fastest due to the longer wave length of the reflected light.

Guest RichG
When I looked at Harley, I liked the Street Glide. YOUR BIKE

BLOWS IT AWAY! Nice!!!

Thanks, I like most of us, had a choice when we decided on the Venture. I love it. My buds on their Ultras, Road Kings and Electras like it. Not only that I love the rip, rip of the 4 cyls when I flip the throttle a couple of times, much better than the thud, thud of the big twins. If I was rich as Leno I would have a softtail as my barhopper.

Edited by RichG

Guest scarylarry
Guys, please, go have a drink with Scarylarry and try to hold your heads up and console one another because we all know SEASHELL IS THE FASTEST! :dancefool:

:dancefool:

Here we go, the black and red are the fastest but I promise never to get out of 1st gear so you can pass me, besides the G's are to strong for me in fifth gear even at 220lbs it lifts me off the seat...

Looks good! How about the seat. Can you put it back together and keep the seat on? Or does it even go back together?.

Sure, that seat can stay on and the bike assembled back to original. When I switch it back (only for long trips or a hottie on the back......), I usually put the original seat back on as it's more comfortable for the passanger. That seat in the pic's is very comfortable for me.

That looks really cool, what seat is that?

Thanks for the compliments - the seat was an aftermarket something or other (bought it used and took it to a shop and had it modified). Not SUPER excited about the seat look, so I think I'm going to take it to a different shop and have it done again. The pillion is to tall........

As far as quick rremoval and reinstall, get some 6mm blots that are just a little longer, and screw them from the bottom of the rack up so the studs are sticking up. Then put the trunk on the studs and get yourself some wing nuts and voila, quick connect/disconnect...

Guest RichG
Sure, that seat can stay on and the bike assembled back to original. When I switch it back (only for long trips or a hottie on the back......), I usually put the original seat back on as it's more comfortable for the passanger. That seat in the pic's is very comfortable for me.

About how long does it take to put it back together?

I agree with you about the seat. A shorter (not so stuffed) passenger end would look sleeker. Kind of like a gun fighter seat (I forget who makes it).

Yes, if a hottie wants to go for a ride, a quick restore or a back rest in the place of the trunk is a MUST. I rode to church today and parked with the rest of the bikes. A couple of the girls were looking at the bike. So when I said "it's a chick magnet" they came over and stuck to me as if being pulled by the bike. Gota love it:big-grin-emoticon::thumbsup:

Edited by RichG