I know this is silly but coming from a Harley air cooled engine I'll be darned if I can find the radiator cap on my 2000 Venture MM, someone enlighten me please as I don't have a manual yet and it only has 6,000 miles on it and has set most of the last year. I need to change all the fluids and the tires before putting it on the road. Still original tires, although no cracking or dry rot visable I won't ride it around the block on them. Having to learn all over again now that I went back non-American.:Laugh:

Radiator cap is under the tank. :yikes: :bang head::bang head::bang head:

There is also a coolant recovery bottle behind the right side cover, below the seat. Only have to remove one of the socket head bolts and the cover snaps off. The other socket head bolts only fills up (hides) a hole.

Radiator cap is under the tank. :yikes: :bang head::bang head::bang head:

There is also a coolant recovery bottle behind the right side cover, under the seat. Only have to remove one of the socket head bolts and the cover snaps off. The other socket head bolts only fills up (hides) a hole.

Thanks.

not meaning to hijack this thread but.... can anyone explain why there is a "dummy" bolt on these side covers????

Maybe it's so when you lose the bolt for the shifter lever you can use one of those. :Bunny:

not meaning to hijack this thread but.... can anyone explain why there is a "dummy" bolt on these side covers????

knowing how the orientals are with symmetry in matching gardening to nature, i believe the non necessary bolt is for looks and balance of theme.

The radiator cap is under the tank thus you'll need to remove the tank to get to it. There is a remote overflow resevoir under the right side cover too.

Larry

once the tank is off, the radiator cap is to the right front. to refill, you will need a skinny bottle to pour your coolant mix in. it is a small orifice and EASY to spill over. using a small funnel with a good size lower opening will help. i wound up cutting a funnel to fit just for this purpose. pour slow so you don't get a false full indicator.

Thanks Dale.

No problem. remember what the others said, to fill the overflow reservoir under the seat.

as a shameless plug and sidenote -

during my trial membership, i was amazed at the comraderie and knowledge sharing, that i knew i have to plunk down my dues. i have subscribed to magazines that were more expensive and i didn't get near what this site has to offer. after attending a maintenance day, i knew i had made a good choice. will be attending a members open house the coming saturday for another good time.