IGNORED

SKY DOC'S respring kit for 1st gen Clutches

I just finished installing a new spring in my 1986 VR, using the kit from Sky Doc. First off, let me tell you that Sky Doc backs his stuff up with patience and understanding at a very high level. He put up with my nonsense (a result of not knowing what the H**L I was doing!) and more or less held my hand until the fog cleared and I saw what I was supposed to do! Now my VR hooks up like a VENTURE...a new one, that is! I was having slipping problems in higher gears and then after the first installation, I managed to have it in EVERY gear (Does that tell you how little I know about motorcycle mechanics?) But after Sky Doc and I talked quite a few times, he finally got through to my thick head and now the bike runs like it should. Other problems still exist, but it is nice to know when someone really follows through with his products like Sky Doc!!!! :confused24::doh::bighug:

Slipping...I suspect you put the steel plates in backwards. Also , I did a clutch conversion long before Barnett even made one for the Vmax which uses the same clutch as our 1300's. My clutch since I did this some 20+ years ago had never slipped till I hit 60k on it or so. And was/ is good for cherping 2nd gear. I did all of this w/o using a 2nd diaphragm spring. Which I found way too stiff. Remember, anything can be made the way you like it...especially using wrenches.

• 2 weeks later...

Jason,

Thanks for your note. I "redid" the clutch and this time invested in a torque wrench that measured inch pounds (as opposed to my 1/2" drive one that only measured in tonnage!!!), and this time it took The clutch springs had shifted on one another, but no more. Once again this nearly 100K Venture rocks like a Venture should!

Poledar:Venture: